Author : R.Vinoth Kanna 1
Date of Publication :24th March 2018
Abstract: While large-scale industrialization increases the production of material goods and urbanization creates mega cities, the ill effects of these activities are reflected in the form of various environmental problems. One such problem is the deterioration of urban air quality in India and other developing countries. The main contributing factors to air pollution are the overwhelming concentration of vehicles, poor transport infrastructure and the establishment of industries in urban agglomerations. Due to constantly rising air pollution levels as well as an increasing awareness of the hazardousness of air pollutants, new laws and rules have been passed. Adverse health effects of air pollution, even at relatively low levels, remain a public concern. In the present study, the various locations in Hyderabad city are ranked based on ambient air quality by using multi attribute decision making technique. The locations are ranked based on pollutant load. The results of the study will be useful to Government to implement measures to minimize the air pollution effects on health of public.
- overcoming Indias environment challenges to promote development”, 13th July-2013.
- Yanrui Wu., “Understanding economic growth in China and India: A comparative study of selected issue”, world scientific publishing Co. Ltd.
- Sawyer, K.,Mundandhara, S.,Ghio, A.J. and Madden, M.C.(2010).The Effects of ambient particulate Matter on human alveolar macrophage oxidative and Inflammatory.J. Toxicol. Environ. Health 73 : 41–57.
- Agrawal, M., “Effects of air pollution on agriculture: An issue of national concern”, National Academy Science Letter 28: 93-106, 2005.
- Brulfert, G.T., Cholleta, J.-P., Jouveb, B., Villard, H., “Atmospheric emission inventory of the Maurienne valley for an atmospheric numerical model”, Science of the Total Environment 349, 232–248, 2005.
- Parra, R., Jimenez, P., Baldasano, J.M., “Development of the high spatial resolution EMICAT2000 emission model for air pollutants from the north-eastern Iberian Peninsula (Catalonia, Spain)”, Environmental Pollution 140 (2), 200–219, 2006.
- HaidongKan , Bingheng Chen, Changhong Chen, QingyanFu, Minghua Chen, “An evaluation of public health impact of ambient air pollution under various energy scenarios in Shanghai, China”, Atmospheric Environment 38 (2004),95–102.
- Agrawal, M., “Effects of air pollution on agriculture: An issue of national concern”, National Academy Science Letter 28, 93- 106, 2005.
- World Health Organization, “World Health Report 2002: Reducing risk, Promoting healthy life”, World Health Organization. Geneva, Switzerland. Available from http://www.who.int/whr/2002/en/.