Author : Sanket S Satpute 1
Date of Publication :22nd February 2018
Abstract: The Quality of each and every hard turned part mainly depends on mechanical properties of the tool material and workpiece material, In this research work the Multi-objective study of hard turning process parameters for obtaining greater hard turned material strength with good mechanical properties. The tool used for this study is PCBN tool and which is used on an EN8D workpiece. This EN8D material is widely used commercially for both continuous and interrupted machining modes which help us to study the parameters such as tool life, tool wear, tensile strength, depth of cut, microgeometry, turning speed, Angle of cutting etc.
- Dilbag Singh and P.Venkateswara Rao “ A surface roughness prediction model for hard turning process” int. J. Adv. Manuf. Technol(2007) 32 : 1115-1124
- Tugrul Ozel , Tsu-Kong Hsu , Erol Zeren “ Effects of Cutting edge geometry, work piece hardness, feed rate and cutting speed on surface roughness and forces in finish turning of hardened AISI H13 steel” int. J. Adv. Manuf.Technol(2005) 25 262-269
- B. Fnides, M.A Yallese, T. Mabrouki, J. F Rigal “Surface roughness model in turning hardened hot work steel using mixed ceramic tool” ISSN 1392-1207 Mechanika 2009. Nr.3(77).
- Dr. G . Harinath Gowd, M. Gunasekhar Reddy, Bathina Sreenivasulu “ Empirical modelling of hard turning process of Inconel using response surface surface methodology” Int. J. of emerging technology and advanced engineering, ISSN 2250-2459, volume2, Issue 10, October 2012.
- K. Adersh Kumar et all “ Optimisation of surface roughness in face turning operation in machining of EN-8” International Journal of Engineering Science and emerging technology Vol 2, issue-4, 807-812, July-Aug 2012.
- S.B.Salvi et all “ Analysis of of surface roughness in hard turning by using Taguchi method” international Journal of Engineering science and technology vol5, No-2 Feb 2013.
- F. Puh et all “ optimisation of hard turning process parameters with PCBN tool based on the Taguchi method” Technical Gazette 19, 2(2012), 415-419.
- Ali Riza Motorcu “ The optimisation of machining parameters using the Taguchi method for surface roughness of AISI 8660 hardened alloy steel”.
- R. Ramanujam et all “ Taguchi multi machining characteristics optimisation in turning of Al-15 SiCp composites using desirability function analysis” Journal of studies of manufacturing vol-1-2010/Iss2-3 pp120-125.
- A.D.Bagawade et all “ The cutting conditions on chip area ratio and surface roughness in hard turning of AISI 52100 steel” international Journal of Enginering research and Technology vol 1 Issue-10 December 2012.