Author : S.S.Sonawane 1
Date of Publication :22nd February 2018
Abstract: One of the precious gifts of nature which sustain life on earth is water. Water has been used since antiquity as a symbol by which to express devotion and purity. As per Indian standard near about 1150 mm depth of water in a traditional farm pond is evaporated per year in India. To overcome of evaporation losses by the traditional method we used the modified method by using Galvanized Iron sheet near farm pond. For this work, we choose farm pond located at Pimplegaon in Jalna district. By using the modified method, we got a significant amount of water control in evaporation losses.
- Beard JT and Gainer JL (1970), Influence of solar radiation reflection on water evaporation, Journal of Geophysical research, vol 15, no 27, p5155- 5163
- Beard JT, Gainer JL and Wiebelt JA (1972), Solar reflectance of monolayer covered and cleaned water surfaces, Bureau of reclamation report, p62, ref 43
- Centre for Application of Science and Technology for Rural Development, Pune – Conservation of Water through use of water evaporation retardant chemicals, 1983.
- Cluff BC (1978), The use of the compartmented reservoir in the Water Harvesting Agrisystems, Arid Land Plant Resources, Proceedings of the International Arid Lands Conference on Plant Resources; International Centre for Arid and Semiarid Land studies, Texas Tech. Univ. Lubbock, pp 482-500.
- Cooley KR (1983), Evaporation reduction: Summary of long-term tank studies, Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering; vol. 109, No. 1, pp89- 98.
- Crow FR, Allen JB, Fry WE and Mitchell AL (1969), Evaporation and its suppression by chemical films at Lake Hefner, American society of agricultural engineers, Transactions, p889-898
- CWC (Central Water Commission), India (1990), Evaporation Control in Reservoirs.
- Dedrick AR, Hansen TD and Williamson WR (1973), Floating sheets of foam rubbers for reducing stock tank evaporation, Journal of range management; vol 26, no 6, pp404-406.
- Evaporation Control in Reservoirs, Report6 no 1087/ECR, Jan 1987, CSMRS, New Delhi.
- Gangly JK and Kaul RN (1969) Technical Bulletin (AGRIC) No-22, ICAR, New Delhi.