Author : Mohd Adnan 1
Date of Publication :23rd February 2018
Abstract: Ferrocement is introduced by P L Nervi an Italian architect and engineer in 1940. Ferrocement has increased applications due to its properties such as strength, toughness, water tightness, lightness, ductility and environmental stability. Ferrocement can be fabricated into any desired shape or structural configuration that is generally not possible with standard masonry, reinforced concrete or steel. Temporary wooden or steel formworks are used nowadays for most of the concrete constructions. Since the cost of such formworks is a critical issue in the construction field. Hence it is essential to suggest an alternative material and technology for the formwork construction to replace the conventional materials and to reduce the cost. This study investigates the effectiveness of using ferrocement as a permanent formwork for the beams which are reinforced with single and double layers of chicken mesh. And this will also prevent the destruction of woods in many cases and hence the country will be benefited to a great extent. Therefore, this research work investigates the possibility of using such a versatile material as a permanent formwork for reinforced concrete beams.
- Abdul Kadir MR, Jaafar MS (1993) Ferrocement in situ permanent formwork. J Ferrocem 23(2):125–133.
- Anisha G Krishnan, Allzi Abraham, “Experimental study on effectiveness of ferrocement as a permanent formwork for beams” IJSR Journal 2013 .
- P.P. Bansal, M. Kumar, K.S. Kaushik,” Effect of Wire Mesh Orientation on Strength of Beams Retrofitted using Ferrocement Jackets”, International Journal of Engineering, 2, pp. 8-19.
- Richelle B. Romarate, Daniel S. Mostrales “Cast in place permanent ferrocement formwork for concrete beams and columns”, ISSN: 2394-2827 Volume-2, Issue-3 June 2015.
- H.E. Fahmy, B.Y. Shaheen, A.A. Abdelnaby, A.B.M. Zeid, “Applying the Ferrocement Concept in Construction of Concrete Beams Incorporating Reinforced Mortar Permanent Forms”, International Journal of Concrete Structures and Materials, 8,pp. 83- 97.
- Gurbir Singh Benipal,Kamaldeep Singh “Reinforced Concrete Beams Retrofitted USING Ferrocement” Volume 3, Issue 4 | ISSN: 2321-9939.,2015.
- Sandowicz, M. and Grabowski, J. 1985. Application of Ferrocement Channel Elements to Housing. Proceedings of the Second International Symposium on Ferrocement, International Ferrocement Information Center, Bangkok. 493-505.
- S.S. Patil, R.A. Ogale, A.K. Dwivedi, “ Performance of Chicken Mesh on Strength of Beams Retrofitted using Ferrocement Jackets”, IOSR Journal of Engineering, 2, pp. 1-10.
- Rosenthal and F. Bljuger, “Bending Behaviour of Ferrocement-Reinforced Concrete Composite” ISSN 0125 Vol., January 1985.