Author : J.B.Borse 1
Date of Publication :22nd February 2018
Abstract: In present industrial scenario, the suspension system is the most important parameter in all type of vehicle. The automobile world has keenly emphasized on progressive rate spring unit as an alternative to steel leaf spring, because of its good minor to maximize shock absorption and better part loading properties compared to leaf spring. This project work focuses on designing special C shape spring instead of leaf spring which serves the purpose of protection of the vehicle and comfort to the passengers. C shape and leaf spring are modelled with the help of Pro-E 4.0 software and FEA is done with the help of simulation software Ansys 16.0. FEA reading shows that the C shape spring not only has better bending strength but also deflection compared with an existing suspension system. Hence provides better results as a suspension for the car and also use of composite material for C shape spring helps in reducing the overall weight of the vehicle.
- Gulur siddaramanna shiva shankar, sambagam vijayarangan, “mono composite leaf spring for light weight vehicle – design, end joint analysis and testing” ISSN 1392–1320 Materials Science, Vol. 12, Issue 3-2006, pp-220-225.
- M. M. Patunkar D. R. Dolas “Modelling and Analysis of Composite Leaf Spring under the Static Load Condition by using FEA” International Journal of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Volume 1 Issue 1-2011, pp-1-4.
- Shishay Amare Gebremeskel, “Design, Simulation, and Prototyping of Single Composite Leaf Spring for Light Weight Vehicle” Global Journal of Researches in Engineering Volume XII Issue VII Version I, 2012, pp-21-30.
- R B Charde and Dr. D V Bhope, Investigation of stresses in master leaf of leaf spring by FEM and its experimental verification, International journal of engineering science and technology, ISSN:0975- 5462, Vol.4 No. 02 Feb. 2012,pp-633-640.
- Mouleeswaran senthil kumar, Sabapathy Vijayarangan, “Analytical and experimental studies on fatigue life prediction of steel And composite multi-leaf spring for light passenger vehicles using Life data analysis” Materials Science, ISSN 1392– 1320, Vol. 13, No. 2. 2007, pp-141-146.
- Mahmood M. Shokrieh and Davood Rezaei, “Analysis and optimization of a composite leaf spring”, Composite Structure 60 (2003), pp-317- 325.
- Dara Ashok, M.V. Mallikarjun and Venkata Ramesh Mamilla, Design And Structural Analysis Of Composite Multi Leaf Spring, International Journal of Emerging trends in Engineering and Development, ISSN 2249-6149, Issue 2, Vol.5 (July 2012), pp-30-37.
- Kumar Krishan and Aggarwal M.L., A Finite Element Approach for Analysis of a Multi Leaf pring using CAE Tools, Research Journal of Recent Sciences, ISSN 2277-2502, Vol. 1, Feb. (2012), pp- 92-96.
- M.Venkatesan and D.Helmen Devaraj, Design and Analysis of Composite Leaf Spring in Light Vehicle, International Journal of Modern Engineering Research (IJMER), ISSN: 2249-6645, Vol.2, Issue.1, Jan-Feb 2012, pp-213-218.
- Yogesh G. Nadargi, Deepak R. Gaikwad and Umesh D. Sulakhe “A performance evaluation of leaf spring replacing With composite leaf spring”, International Journal of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, ISSN No. 2231 –6477, Vol-2, Iss-4, 2012, pp-65-68.