Author : Ashvini Sukhdeo More 1
Date of Publication :22nd February 2018
Abstract: In belt conveyor roller shaft system there is the problem i.e. shaft breakage and wear problem. Due to this problem shaft will breakage after every 2 months. To overcome this problem done the Material selection study and process to modelling, analysis and manufacture efficient shaft for the conveyor system. For the design purpose of the shaft CREO-2015 used and FEA analysis is done in ANSYS R-18.1 software.While doing analysis compared the MS bright material shaft with EN 24 material shaft. EN24 having efficient mechanical properties than mild steel and other material properties like hardness, tensile strength and availability. Analytical results and software (ANSYS) results show that the maximum deflection of the EN 24 is always lower than the bright M S. The experimental setup of the project and taking the trials for the EN24 material shaft. For the same load, the EN24 shaft will be durable for long life as compared MS bright shaft. By taking the experimental trials on EN24 material shaft achieve more strength and more life i.e.50-55 days as compared to Ms Bright shaft of the same size.Cost of maintenance and replacing of the shaft is saved.
- R. Burkul, P. Chaman, N. Kumar, R. Kumar, R. S. Ram, “Failure and Prospects of Modification in a Belt Conveyor System– A Review”, , Vol.4, Issue-1-2, ISSN (Print) : 2321-5747, 2017.
- A.Gaikwad, Y. Raut, J. Desale, A. Palhe, G. Shelar, S. Pawar “Design and Development of Automated Conveyor System for Material Handling” IOSR-JMCE, pp: 31-34, NCETET17
- P.A. Meshram, A.R. Sahu, “Design, Modeling and Analysis of conveyor system used for transportation of Cartons”, IJRAT, Vol.04 Issue 01, pp.79-88, January 2016.
- P.S. Solankar, S. R.Gawde, “Design And Analysis Of Roller Conveyor For Weight Optimization By Using Composite Material”, Vol.05 Issue 02, pp: 269-278, February, 2016.
- S. Basu, “Experimental Analysis of Failure of Drive Shafts” IJIET, Vol.06, Issue.03, pp: 254-262, February 2016.
- J. Du, J. Liang, L. Zhang, “Research on the failure of the induced draft fan’s shaft in a power boiler”, Vol.05 Issue 06, pp: 51-58, February, 2016.
- H. A. Kadam, N. S. Hyalij, “Design and Analysis of Belt Conveyor Roller Shaft”, IJETT, Vol.36 Issue 01, pp.45-49, June 2016.
- S. K. Nalgeshi, “Design and Weight Optimization of Gravity Roller Conveyor” IJIERT, Vol.03, Issue.08, PP: 20-30, August 2016.
- A. Singh, R. R. Patel, S.P. Joshi, “A review on design of Live Roller conveyor system”, IJSTE, Vol.01 Issue 11, pp.253-254, May 2015.
- J. Pawar, D. D. Date, A. B. Galke, “Design, Analysis and Weight Optimization of Belt Conveyor for Sugarcane Industries”, IJSEAS, Vol.01 Issue 05, pp.149- 155, August 2015.