Author : Pradip S. Mali 1
Date of Publication :22nd February 2018
Abstract: Development in construction technology, structural systems, material, analysis and design software facilitated the growth of the tall structures. Now, the diagrid structures are widely used due to the structural efficiency and aesthetic view. The diagrid is a framework of diagonally intersecting steel, concrete or timber members that are used in the construction of buildings. A triangular shape is formed in the diagrid structural systems because of the modules. These modules are effective in the carry of all the loads i.e. lateral as well as gravity and distribute all these loads in a very uniform and regular pattern by an axial action of the diagrid. In this paper, analytical study of 24 storey building with a square floor plan of 18 m × 18 m size with conventional frame system and diagrid frame system is carried out. There are four models are chosen for the study. For modelling and analysis of both structure i.e conventional and diagrid frame structure, ETABS software is used. For seismic analysis structure, the linear dynamic approach i.e. response spectrum method is used as per IS 1893 (Part I): 2002. The comparison of analysis of results in terms parameters such as top story displacement, story drift, story shear and the time period is presented here
- Mir M. Ali and Kyoung S. Moon, “Structural Developments in Tall Buildings: Current Trends and Future Prospects”, Architectural Science Review, vol. 50.3, pp 205-223, 2007.
- Kyoung S. Moon, “Design and Construction of Steel Diagrid Structures”, School of Architecture, Yale University, New Haven, USA, pp- 398-405, NSCC2009.
- J. Kim, Y. Jun and Y.-Ho Lee, “Seismic Performance Evaluation of Diagrid System Buildings”, 2nd Specially Conference on Disaster Mitigation, Manitoba, 2010.
- Rohit kumar Singh, Vivek Garg, Abhay Sharma, “Analysis and Design of Concrete Diagrid Building and its comparison with Conventional Frame Building”, International Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology, vol. 02, pp 1330- 1337, 2014.
- Khushbu Jani and Paresh V. Patel, “Analysis and Design of Diagrid Structural System for High Rise Steel Buildings”, Published by Elesevier Ltd, Procedia Engineering 51, pp 92-100,2013.
- Nishith B. Panchal, Vinubhai R. Patel, I.I. Pandya, “Optimum Angle of Diagrid Structural System”, International Journal of Engineering and Technical Research, vol. 02, pp 150-157, 2014.
- IS: 456-2000. Plain and Reinforced ConcreteCode of Practice (Fourth Revision), Bureau of Indian Standard, New Delhi.
- IS: 1893(Part-I)-2002, Criteria for Earthquake Resistant Design of Structures, Bureau of Indian Standard, New Delhi