Author : Krishan Kumar Singh 1
Date of Publication :15th February 2018
Abstract: A centrifugal Pump is hydraulic machines used in the process of transferring fluids from one place to other and these pumps have a vibrant role in the domestic, industrial and marine application. The present work deals with the analysis of impeller with two different materials. The detail three dimensional FE analyses have been performed for impeller of the centrifugal pump. The analysis of stress and deformation under loading environments such as pressure and rotational velocity have been evaluated for the present structure and critical location has been identified. An attempt has been made to investigate the effect of pressure and rotational velocity on the impeller with the purpose of estimating the magnitude of stress and deformation on the impeller with different materials. The study is also made to suggest the suitable material for an impeller of a centrifugal pump by comparing the results obtained for two different materials Stainless Steel (Grade 316 UNSS31600) and Nickel Aluminum Bronze (UNS C95800). Accordingly, the suitable recommendation has been made for impeller of the centrifugal pump.
- JinbaoLin, YanjuanJin, Zhu Zhang, and Xiaochao Cui, “Strength Analysis of the Carbon-Fiber Reinforced Polymer Impeller Based on Fluid Solid Coupling Method,” Hindawi Publishing Corporation Engineering,vol.17,no.3,pp.133– 136,1981.
- Stickland, M.T. and Scanlon, T.J. and BlancoMarigorta, E. and Fernandez-Francos, J. and GonzalezPerez, J. and Santolaria-Morros, C. (2000) Numerical flow simulation in a centrifugal pump with impeller-volute interaction. In: Proceedings of the ASME 2000 Fluids Engineering Division Summer Meeting. ASME. ISBN 0791819795.
- E. Cezmi Nursen and Erkan Ayder, “Numerical Calculation of the Three-Dimensional Swirling Flow inside the Centrifugal Pump Volutes”, International Journal of Rotating Machinery, vol.-9, pp. 247–253, 2003.
- Zhang Shujia, Zhu Baolin, Hu Qingbo and Li Xianhua, “Virtual performance experiment of a centrifugal pump”, 16th International Conference on Artificial Reality and Telexistence--Workshops (ICAT'O6) 2006
- M. H. ShojaeeFard, F. A. Boyaghchi and M. B. Ehghaghi, “Experimental Study and Three Dimensional Numerical Flow Simulation in a Centrifugal Pump when Handling Viscous Fluids”, IUST International Journal of Engineering Science, vol.-17, no.-3-4, pp. 53-60, 2006.
- LI Xian-hua, ZHANG Shu-jia*, ZHU Bao-lin and HU Qing-bo, “The Study of the k-ε Turbulence Model for Numerical Simulation of Centrifugal Pump”, Key Laboratory of Mechanical manufacture and Automation Zhejiang University of Technology, July 2006.
- K.W. Cheah, T. S. Lee, S. H.Winoto, and Z.M. Zhao, “Numerical Flow Simulation in a Centrifugal Pump at Design and Off-Design Conditions”, International Journal of Rotating Machinery, vol.- 2007, Article ID 83641, 8 pages, April