Author : Samant Gaurish Mahabaleshwar 1
Date of Publication :22nd March 2018
Abstract: A phrase heard often in recent years, advanced composite materials like Al/SiC metal matrix composite is gradually becoming very important materials in auto and aerospace industries due to their superior properties. The present study examines the mechanical properties of aluminium LM6/SiC Silicon carbide reinforced particles metal-matrix composites (MMCs) by varying weight fractions of SiC. For this LM6/SiC reinforced particles, MMCs are fabricated by stir casting method at air atmosphere. The MMCs are prepared in the form of bars with varying the reinforced particles by weight fraction ranging from 3 %, 5 % & 7 %. The reinforced particles size of SiC is 150μm. The microstructure study shows that the distribution of particles becomes better with increasing weight fraction of SiC. The Mechanical properties like Hardness (HRB), BHN & Wear resistance are investigated on prepared specimens of MMCs. It was observed that the hardness & wear resistance of the composite is increased gradually
- Basavaraju.S Arasukumar.K Dr.Chandrashekhar Bendigeri Dr.C.K.Umesh, Studies on Mechanical Properties and Tribological Characteristics of LM25- Graphite- Silicon Carbide and LM25-Flyash- Silicon Carbide - Hybrid MMC’s, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology Vol. 1, Issue 1, November 2012.
- Mahendra Boopathi, M., K.P. Arulshri and N. Iyandurai, Evaluation of Mechanical properties of Aluminium alloy 2024 reinforced with Silicon Carbide and Fly Ash hybrid metal matrix composites, American Journal of Applied Sciences, 10 (3): 219-229, 2013
- Mr. Amol D. Sable1, Dr. S. D. Deshmukh, Preparation of metal matrix composites by stir casting method, International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology, Volume 3, Issue 3, September - December (2012), pp. 404-41.
- Er. Sandeep Kumar Ravesh , Dr. T. K. Garg, Preparation & Analysis for some mechanical property of Aluminium based metal matrix composite reinforced with SiC & Fly Ash, International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, Vol. 2, Issue 6, November- December 2012, pp.727-731
- Shanmughasundara, R. Subramanian and G. Prabhu, Some Studies on Aluminium – Fly Ash Composites Fabricated by Two Step Stir Casting Method, European Journal of Scientific Research, ISSN 1450-216X Vol.63 No.2 (2011), pp.204-218.
- H.C. Anilkumar , H.S. Hebbar and K.S. Ravishankar, Mechanical properties of Fly Ash reinforced Aluminium alloy(Al6061) composites, International Journal of Mechanical and Materials Engineering (IJMME), Vol.6 (2011), No.1, 41-45.