Author : Swasti Sthapak 1
Date of Publication :22nd March 2018
Abstract: The contemporary world is facing many challenges, one of them is the generation of Solid Waste. This waste is generated from the households, commercial area, industrial area and other parts of the city town and villages. Management of this wastage is becoming a challenging task. In this paper, solid waste in Indian scenario, its characteristics, management of solid wastage and best practices are discussed. It also discusses the case study of Hamirpur Solid Waste Management Plant and process of treatment of organic or biodegradable into compost fertilizer.
- Bansal, N. K., & Minke, G. (1995). Climatic zones and rural housing in India. Kernforschungsanlage Jülich: German-Indian Cooperation in Scientific Research and Technological Development.
- Budiman, A. (2017). ScienceDirect ScienceDirect Municipal Waste Management in Heating Indonesia - A Study The Solid about Selection of Proper Solid Waste Reduction Method in D . I . Assessing the feasibility of using the heat demand-outdoor Yogyakarta Province temperature function for a long-term district heat demand forecast. Energy Procedia, 143, 494–499. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.egypro.2017.12.716
- Dhar, H., Kumar, S., & Kumar, R. (2017). Bioresource Technology A review on organic waste to energy systems in India. Bioresource Technology, 245(August), 1229–1237. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2017.08.159
- Ghatak, T. K. (2016). Municipal Solid Waste Management in India : A Few Unaddressed Issues. Procedia Environmental Sciences, 35, 169–175. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proenv.2016.07.071
- Gupta, N., Yadav, K. K., & Kumar, V. (2015). A review on current status of municipal solid waste management in India. Journal of Environmental Sciences (China), 37, 206–217. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jes.2015.01.034
- Municipal Council. (2017). Model Citizen Charter. Retrieved January 31, 2018, from http://mchamirpur.in/citizen.html
- Potdar, A., Singh, A., Unnnikrishnan, S., Naik, N., Naik, M., & Nimkar, I. (2015). Innovation in solid waste management through Clean Development Mechanism in India and other countries. Process Safety and Environmental Protection, 101, 160–169. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.psep.2015.07.009
- Saxena, S., Srivastava, R. K., & Samaddar, A. B. (2003). Sustainable waste management issues in India. IUP J Soil Water Sci., 3(1), 72–90.
- Urban Development. (2017). Action Plan for Municipal Solid Waste Management Himachal Pradesh.