Author : Shriya bhatt 1
Date of Publication :18th April 2018
Abstract: Knowing the behavior of building and the response of all the possible earthquake loading effects has become very important in order to analyze seismic performance of the building. Correct determination of seismic load effects on the structural system is important in all types of buildings. Slabs are constructed to provide flat surfaces, usually horizontal, in building floors, roofs, bridges, and other types of structures.In the present study, 3 different types of slabs namely conventional slab, flat slab and waffle slab are compared in a multistory RC building in order to analyze their seismic performance by using elastic time history method in ETABS 2016 software according to rules and regulations of Indian standard code. The parameters taken into consideration are story stiffness , story drift and story displacement under seismic zone IV
- Sarita R. Khot, kumar .T.Bharekar, Purval.D.Shiram “comparative study of waffle slabs with flat slab and RCC conventional slabs” IJRET: International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology eISSN: 2319-1163.
- Mohammed Fatir, M.H.Kolhar, Anjum Algur “relative study of seismic analysis between flat slab and grid slab of rcc structures with different masonry infills in two different zones”IJRET: International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology
- Mohana H.S, Kavan M.R “Comparative Study of Flat Slab and Conventional Slab Structure Using ETABS for Different Earthquake Zones of India” International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET) Volume: 02 Issue: 03 | June-2015.
- Sumit Pahwa, Vivek Tiwari, Madhavi Prajapati “Comparative Study of Flat Slab with Old Traditional Two Way Slab” International Journal of Latest Trends in Engineering and Technology (IJLTET)
- Naziya Ghanchi1, Chitra V “waffle slab- analysis by different methods” International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 5, Issue 12, December-2014.
- Anithu Dev , Jasmin S.P, Shinu Shajee “Analysis and Parametric Study of Waffle Slabs” International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology.
- Alaa C. Galeb, Zainab F. Atiyah “Optimum design of reinforced concrete waffle slabs” International journal of civil and structural engineering Volume 1, No 4, 2011.