Author : Saurabh Mishra 1
Date of Publication :18th April 2018
Abstract: Shear wall is commonly designed to resist the lateral loads such as wind or earthquake load which causes damage to the buildings. Shear wall is a plate like slender structure having large value of stiffness, which resist lateral load in their own plane and also resist the gravity load. Shear wall gives better performance when it is designed properly and placed at optimum location in the building plan. This paper optimizes the location of shear wall based on story drift, story displacement, and torsion of different models on ‘H’ shape irregular plan building. The results were based on chosencompared parameters with ‘H’ shape plan of without shear wall and with varying location of shear wall using ETABS software
- PankajAgarwal and Manish Shrikhande, “Earthquake Resistant Design of Structures” 2. O.Esmaili, 2008.Study of structural RC Shear Wall System in a 56-storey RC tall Building.
- RavikanthChittiprolu, 2014.Significance of shear wall in high rise irregular buildings.
- Dr.Haider S. AL-Jubair, 2014.The effect of Shear Walls on Seismically Isolated Building Of Variable Geometric configurations.
- Anila Anna Samson, 2014.Performance of Shear Wall Building during Seismic Excitations.
- Le Yee Mon, 2014.Comprative Study on Dynamic Analysis of Irregular Building with Shear Wall.
- ShrathIrappakammar, 2015.Non linear Static Analysis of Asymmetric building.
- Mohammad Aminnia, 2015.The Effects of Placement and Cross-Section Shape of Shear Walls in Multi-Story RC Buildings with Plan Irregularity on Their Seismic Behavior by Using Nonlinear Time History Analyses.
- AkashS.Waghmode, 2016.Compresion of Plan Irregularity of MULTISTORIED SHEAR WALL Structure for wind Analysis.
- Vidyashree S.R, 2016.Static and Dynamic Analysis of Regular and Irregular shape Building with or without shear wall.