Author : Sumit Singh 1
Date of Publication :18th April 2018
Abstract: As the structures are supported on soil but many structural designers do not consider the soil structure interaction (SSI) effects at the time of earthquake. The main objective of this present study is to find out effect of soil structure interaction on regular and irregular buildings with stiffness irregularity in high damage risk zone. In the present study , an attempt is made to find out soil structure interaction on buildings using E-TABS2015 and parameters like storey drift and storey displacement are being compared by applying time history analysis with different soil conditions i.e. hard(type-I), medium(type-II) and soft(type- III) in seismic zone IV.
- Iyer and Eapen Sakaria (2014), “Seismic response of RC building by considering soil structure interaction” International Journal of Structural & Civil Engineering, Res. ISSN 2319 – 6009 Vol. 3, pp 160-172
- Jiang Xinliang and Zhang Yanan (2013), “Influence of Structure Plane Size on Seismic Response of Soil-Structure Interaction”, World Earthquake Engineering, Vol.19 No.5. pp 345-350
- Cinitha.A, Umesha P. K and Nagesh R. Iyer (2015), “Soil structure interaction analysis for seismic response of an asymmetric RC building”, International Conference on Computer Modeling and Simulation., pp 1-6
- Shehata E. Abdel Raheem, Mohamed M. Ahmed and Tarek M. A. Alazrak (2015), “Evaluation of soil–foundation– structure interaction effects on seismic response demands of multi-story MRF buildings on raft foundations”, Advance Structural Engineering., pp 11-30
- IS 1893(Part 1):2002, Criteria for Earthquake Resistant Design of Structures-General provisions and Buildings, Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi.