Author : V. Revathi 1
Date of Publication :18th April 2018
Abstract: This paper presents an experimental study on flowable fly ash bricks. In this study, an attempt has been made to examine the feasibility of adopting flowable slurry concept in bricks production. The flowable fly ash bricks produced from fly ash, cement and crushed sand. The essential properties such as compressive strength, water absorption, density and efflorescence of flowable fly ash bricks were determined. Further, compressive strength and flexural bond of flowable fly ash brick masonry prism are evaluated. The test results reveal that flowable fly ash brick fulfilled the requirements of bricks.
- ACI Committee 229R (1994), „Controlled Low Strength Materials (CLSM)‟, ACI Concrete International, July 16(7), pp.55-64.
- S.K.Duggal, and R.K. Srivastava, “Assessment of Fly ashLime-Soil Mixtures for Utilization in Manufacture of Bricks and Construction Material”, New Build Mat, CE & CR, pp.35-40. 1994
- Indian Standard IS 1077: 1992, „Common Burnt Clay Building Bricks –Specification‟, August 1996
- Indian Standard IS 3495 (Parts 1 to 4): 1992, „Methods of Tests of Burnt Clay Building Bricks‟,October 1998.  Ritwik Sarkar, Narsingh, Swapan kumar Das (), „Effect of Addition of Pond ash and Fly ash on Properties of Ash-Clay Burnt Bricks‟, Waste Mgt & Res, vol.2, no.4, pp.566-571, 2007.
- J. Sengupta, “Fly ash-Lime-Bricks as an Alternative Walling Material”, New Building Materials, CE & CR, pp.12-15.1993.
- Sunil kumar (2002), „A Perspective Study on Fly ash-LimeGypsum Bricks and Hollow Blocks for Low Cost Housing Development‟, Construction and Building Materials, vol.16, no.4, pp.519-525, 2002.