Author : Ramesh Kumar S 1
Date of Publication :16th May 2018
Abstract: The role of natural and manmade fibers reinforced hybrid composite materials are growing in a faster rate in the field of engineering and technology due to its favorable properties. In the present unsustainable environmental condition natural fibers are serving better material in terms of biodegradability, low cost, high strength and corrosion resistance when compared to conventional materials. The benefits of components and products designed and produced in hybrid composite materials instead of metals recognized by many industries. The main objective is to fabricate the Banana/Glass fiber hybrid composite filled with graphene as nano filler and to evaluate the flexural strengthof hybrid composites. The different types of hybrid laminates without filler, 0.5, 1 & 1.5Wt % of graphene are fabricated by using banana and glass fiber as reinforcing materials with epoxy resin. The specimen were prepared according to ASTM standards and results shows that the composites with filler gives better results than composites without graphene filler.
- Normasmira A. Rahman, Aziz Hassan, R. Yahya& R.A. Lafia-Araga, Glass Fiber and Nanoclay Reinforced Polypropylene Composites: Morphological, Thermal and Mechanical Properties, SainsMalaysiana 42(4)(2013): PP537–546.
- RompicharlaSrinivasulu, Sri S.Madhusudan, Sri T. Rama Krishna, Study and Development of Twofold Polymer Nano Hybrid Composites Filled With Aerosil Reinforced With Glass Fiber on Mechanical Properties, IJRMET Vol. 4, Issue spl - 1, Nov 2013- April 2013
- K.Devendra, T. Rangaswamy, Evaluation of thermal properties of E-Glass/ Epoxy Composites filled by different filler materials, International Journal Of Computational Engineering Research Vol. 2, Issue.5
- Andrea Dorigato, Stefano Morandi and Alessandro Pegoretti, Effect of nanoclay addition on the fiber/matrix adhesion in epoxy/glass composites, Journal of Composite Materials 46(12) PP1439–1451.
- Rafael Celeghini Santiago, Ricardo LessaAzevedo, Antonio F. Avila, MarcilioAlves, Mechanical characterization of Glass/Epoxy composite material with Nanoclays, 19th International Congress of Mechanical Engineering.
- Mo-lin Chan, Kin-tak Lau, Tsun-tat Wong, Mei-po Ho, David Hui, Mechanism of reinforcement in a nanoclay/polymer composite, Composites: Part B 42 (2011) PP1708–1712