Author : Shabeena Masoodi 1
Date of Publication :29th May 2018
Abstract: Dal Lake Kashmir known as "liquid heart" of summer capital Srinagar, Kashmir is bedeviled by many ecological maladies mainly arising out of human incursions. The present paper summarises the conservation measures taken to retrieve the pristine glory of the lake with an attempt to put forth the environmental impact assessment studies of the various measures viz. catchment treatment, silt n sedimentation Control, wastewater management, weed infestation, improvement in lake hydrology, combatting algal blooms and solid waste management.
- Kundangar, MRD and Adnan Abubakr, Post dredging changes and comparative limnology of Dal Lake Kashmir. Poll.Res.20(4):539-547.( 2001).
- Kundangar, M.R.D., Sabha ul Solim and Adnan Abubakr. Deweeding practices in Dal lake and impact assessment studies.Nat.Env.&Poll.Tech.(2)1:pp.95-103.( 2003)
- Kundangar, M.R.D. and Adnan abubakr. Bacterial dynamics of Dal lake, a Himalayan Temperate Freshwater Lake in Kashmir.Nat.Env & Poll.Tech.(4)2:pp.291-298.(2005)
- Kundangar, M.R.D. & Adnan Abubakr. Comparative Limnology of Himalayan Dal Lake, Kashmir. “Trends in bio-diversity & Aqua culture” pp 174-203. A. Wanganeo & R.K Langer (Ed.) - (2006).
- Adnan Abubakr & Kundangar, M.R.D. Ecological Status of Some Floodplain Lakes within Jhelum River basin, Kashmir. Nat. Env. &Poll. Tech. (7) 4: pp719-728. (2008).