Author : Faheem Ahmad Khan 1
Date of Publication :16th May 2018
Abstract: The deck is an essential component of the bridge which allows the continuous movement of vehicles from one point to the other. The present study was focused on the response of the skew deck bridge during the seismic disturbances using the time history analysis. A comparison between the decks having aspect ratio less than and greater than 1 having different skew angles (0°, 15°, 30°, 45°, 60°) was done as per the dimensions specified in the ‘Standard Plans for Highway Bridges’ published by Ministry of Shipping and Transport, India. The decks were modelled using finite element analysis. The effectiveness of skew angles was concluded after the analysis of parameters such as total deformation, equivalent plastic strain, maximum principal stress and shear stresses. There are variations found in the results as the angle of skew changes from 0° to 60° for both the aspect ratio less than and greater than 1.
- S. Maleki and V. Bisadi, 2006 “ Orthogonal Effects in Seismic Analysis of Skewed Bridges”ASCE.
- C. Menassa; M. Mabsout; K. Tarhini; and G. Frederick,2007. “Influence of Skew Angle on Reinforced Concrete Slab Bridges” ASCE.
- Gokhan Pekcan and Ahmed Abdel-Mohti,2008. “Seismic Response of Skewed RC Box-Girder Bridges” World conference on Earthquake engineering
- Gizem Sevgili and Alp Caner, P.E.,2009. “ Improved Seismic Response of Multisimple-Span Skewed Bridges Retrofitted with Link Slabs” ASCE
- Piboon Apirakvorapinit; Jamshid Mohammadi and Jay Shen, 2012. “ Analytical Investigation of Potential Seismic Damage to a Skewed Bridge” ASCE.