Author : Gaurav Kumar 1
Date of Publication :17th May 2018
Abstract: Earthquake is one of the most devastating natural disaster that not only causes loss of life but also causes loss of economy. The buildings which have plan irregularity in forms of torsion irregularity, reentrant corner, diaphragm discontinuity, non-parallel lateral load resisting system etc. are subjected to more severe damages during earthquake excitation in comparison to regular building. In this study a regular square shape and three irregular building shape as ‘L’ shape, ‘C’ shape, ‘T’ shape are chosen for the study of seismic behavior. All the four models are modelled, conforming to IS code 1893:2002 part1 and analyzed by using Etabs software. The parameters such as time period, base shear, story stiffness are studied for four models. The main objective of this study isthat, after analysis using Linear Time history method, comparison of seismic performance of different models was performed and most vulnerable building shape against earthquake forces was located in thishm Natural disaster, plan irregularity, reentrant corner, seismic excitation, seismic vulnerable etc.
- Pankaj Agarwal and Manish Shrikhande, “Earthquake Resistant Design of Structures”
- Raúl González Herrer, “Influence of Plan Irregularity of Buildings” The 14th world conference on earthquake engineering October 12- 17,2008.China.
- Ravi Kumar C M, “ Effectof Irregular Configurations on seismic Vulnerability of RC Buildings” Architecture Research 2012.
- Rucha S. Banginwar, M. R. Vyawahare, “Effect of PlansConfigurations on the Seismic Behaviour of the Structure by Response SpectrumMethod” IJERA ISSN-2248-9622vol 2 june 2012
- Milind V.Mohod“Effect Of Shape And Plan Configuration On Seismic Response Of