Author : Saurabh Mishra 1
Date of Publication :22nd May 2018
Abstract: Shear wall is a plate like structural member provided in building system to resist lateral loads such as earthquake or wind forces. It provide in building from foundation level to through height of building. For earthquake resistant building shear wall is one of the best option, Shear wall perform better if it is provide at effective location on the outer periphery of building plan. The main concern of this paper is to be analyzed the 2 models of ‘H’ Shape plan with shear wall at varying location and compared with one model of‘H’ Shape without shear wall, and concluded the best model that perform better on the basis of different parameter such as Time period, story displacement and story stiffness. All analysis weredone by using ETABS 2016 software.
- PankajAgarwal and Manish Shrikhande, “Earthquake Resistant Design of Structures”
- O.Esmaili, 2008.Study of structural RC Shear Wall System in a 56-storey RC tall Building.
- RavikanthChittiprolu, 2014.Significance of shear wall in high rise irregular buildings.
- Dr.Haider S. AL-Jubair, 2014.The effect of Shear Walls on Seismically Isolated Building Of Variable Geometric configurations.
- Anila Anna Samson, 2014.Performance of Shear Wall Building during Seismic Excitations.