Author : Sumit Singh 1
Date of Publication :20th May 2018
Abstract: The main objective of this study is to find out soil structure interaction effectson regular and irregular buildings with vertical irregularity i.e. stiffness irregularity in zone prone to higher seismic disturbances. In this present study , a finite element method is used and parameters like base shear and stiffness have being compared among three models by applying time history analysishaving different soil conditions i.e. hard(type-I), medium(type-II) and soft(type-III) in seismic zone IV using E-TABS2015.
- Jinu Mary Mathew, Cinitha A, Umesha P K, Nagesh R Iyer and EapenSakaria (2014), “Seismic response of RC building by considering soil structure interaction” International Journal of Structural & Civil Engineering, Res. ISSN 2319 – 6009 Vol. 3, pp 160-172
- Jiang Xinliang and Zhang Yanan (2013), “Influence of Structure Plane Size on Seismic Response of Soil-Structure Interaction”, World Earthquake Engineering, Vol.19 No.5.pp 345-350
- Cinitha.A, Umesha P. K and Nagesh R. Iyer (2015), “Soil structure interaction analysis for seismic response of an asymmetric RC building”, International Conference on Computer Modeling and Simulation., pp 1-6
- Shehata E. Abdel Raheem, Mohamed M. Ahmed and Tarek M. A. Alazrak (2015), “Evaluation of soil– foundation–structure interaction effects on seismic response demands of multi-story MRF buildings on raft foundations”, Advance Structural Engineering., pp 11-30
- IS 1893(Part 1):2002, Criteria for Earthquake Resistant Design of Structures-General provisions and Buildings, Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi.