Author : Piyush .S. Lohade 1
Date of Publication :26th April 2018
Abstract: Steel-Concrete composite constructions are nowadays very popular due to their advantages over conventional Reinforced Cement Concrete constructions. Composite Construction combines the better properties of both steel and concrete along with economical, speedy construction, hazardous formwork etc. Hence the objective of this paper is to compare a R.C.C frame building and Steel- concrete composite frame building located in seismic zone-IV and analysis of (G+12) stories R.C.C frame building and Steel- concert composite frame building under the effect of earthquake using ETABS 2016 software. The method of equivalent static analysis has been used for the seismic analysis as per is 1893(part I):2002. The comparison of results analysis in terms of time period, axial force, story drift, story shear, is presented here. It is observed that Steel-concrete composite building is better option than R.C.C building
- Rehan S and Mahure S.H., “Study of seismic and wind effect on multi storey R.C.C. Steel and Composite Building”, International Journal of Engineering and Innovative Technology (IJEIT) Vol. 3, Issue 12, June 2014.
- Charantimath S.S. and Cholekar S. B., “ Comparative Study on Structural Parameter of R.C.C. Steel and Composite Building”, Civil and Environmental Research, Vol.6, Issue.6, 2014, pp.2224-5790.
- Tedia A and Maru S, “ Cost, Analysis and Design of Steel-Concrete Composite Structure R.C.C Structure”, IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering, Vol.11, Issue 1, Version(II), Jan 2014, pp.54-59.
- IS 1893 (Part 1): 2002 Indian Standard Criteria for Earthquake Resistant Design of Structures,Part 1 General Provisions and Buildings, (Fifth Revision)
- IS: 456-2000- Plain and Reinforced Concrete- Code of Practice (Fourth Revision), Bureau of Indian Standard, New Delhi.
- IS: 800, code of practice for general construction in steel, bureau of indian standars, New Delhi,2002.
- IS: 11384, code of practice for composite construction in structural steel and concrete, bureau of indian standars, New Delhi,2002..