Author : Yashodeep N. Borse 1
Date of Publication :26th April 2018
Abstract: Transmission tower design is very useful because they constructed to carry power lines at safe and sufficient distances from ground level due to high voltage. Transmission tower constitutes 28 to 42% cost of transmission lines. Cost of tower depends upon its configurations and bracing patterns used. Bracing members enhance the stiffness and reduce the slenderness ratio of the tower. In the present study, four-legged multi-circuit 400 kV self-supporting transmission towers having 20 line deviation consisting four different bracing models are considered. Four different bracing patterns i.e. Inverted V bracing, XBX bracing, X-X bracing and W bracing are considered in the lower body. For analysis and design STAAD.Pro software is used as 3D space. For wind, analysis IS 802 (1995) is used. Performance of towers with respect to axial forces and deflections is presented
- “Analysis and Design of Three and Four Legged 400KV Steel Transmission Line Towers: Comparative Study”, by Y. M. Ghugal et al, International Journal of Earth Sciences and Engineering ISSN 0974-5904, Volume 04, No 06 SPL, October 2011, pp 691-694.
- “Dynamic Response of Power Transmission Towers under Wind Load” by Li Pengyun, Lin Jiedong, Nie Ming, ZhongWanli, Huang Auguo - SciVerse Energy Procedia 17 (2012) 1124 1131.
- “Optimum Designs for Transmission Line Towers”, by G. Visweswara Rao, Computer & Structures vol.57.No.1.pp.81-92, 1995 Elsevier Science Ltd. 4. I.S. 802 (Part -1/Sec 1)1995, “Use of Structural Steel in Overhead Transmission Line Towers - Code of Practice”.
- I.S. 5613 (Part-1/Sec 2):1985, “Code of Practice for Design, Installation and Maintenance of Overhead Power Lines”.
- I.S. 802(Part1/Sec2):1995, “Use of Structural Steel in Overhead Transmission Line Towers – Code of Practice”.
- Central Board of Irrigation and Power (CBIP), “Transmission Line Manual”, Publication No. 268. 8
- . “Transmission line Structure” Text Book on Transmission line Structure by Murthy and Santhakumar A.R. 9. “Transmission line Structure” Text Book on Transmission line Structure by Dayaratnam