Author : AnandK A 1
Date of Publication :25th May 2018
Abstract: Pipe inspection robot (PIR) is a device that is inserted into pipes to check for obstruction or damage. These robots are traditionally manufactured offshore, are extremely expensive, and are often not adequately supported in the event of malfunction. This project is conceived to redesign the electronics control systems one of these PIR, utilizing the existing mechanical platform. It operates reliably in confined, dark and wet environments and provides a human-wear with a digital video feed of the internal status of the pipes.These robots should as much as possibly incorporate off-the-shaft components, cheap, and potentially onsite repair.The robot allowsfor detection of cracks, buckle, corrosions,pitting and many others
- AA Hashem, M Eng - eng.cu.edu.eg; Oil and gas pipeline design, maintenance and repair, Cairo University, Department of Mining, petroleum and metallurgical Engineering, Egypt.
- AH Heidari, H Najjaran, M Mehrandezh, R Paranjape - 2010 - cdn.intechopen.com, Design, development, dynamic analysis, andcontrol of a pipe crawling robot.
- I Doroftei, M Horodinca, E Mignon – 2000 - irisa.fr,A conceptual wheeled robot for in-pipe inspection
- M Horodinca, I Doroftei, E Mignon… - Proc. Int. Colloq. Mobile …, 2002 - researchgate.net,A simple architecture for inpipe inspection robots.
- SS Rattan, Theory of machines, McGraw Hill, 3 Edition, 2009.
- K.Mahadevan, K. Balaveera Reddy, Design data hand book, CBS, 3 Edition, 1987