Author : VybhaviShivakumar 1
Date of Publication :25th May 2018
Abstract: Shape memory alloys (SMAs) are the systems which retain their original shapes. Due to the applied thermo mechanical load SMAs undergo Martensitic phase transformation and when they are heated above certain temperature they recover their permanent strains. SMAs have drawn critical consideration and enthusiasm for recent years in the field of medicinal and commercial improvement, because of their novel and predominant properties; this advancement has been upheld by fundamental and applied research Studies. Thus, this article presents an extensive review on the research progress achieved and carried out in the sector of " shape memory alloys of biocompatibility" including an historical overview, outline of recent advances and proposes recent research objective and methodology for created opportunities
- Dr.Dakshitha joy Sinha, Dr.Ashish Amith Sinha, Dr.Agrima Vasudeva and Dr.Natasha Jaiswal, ―Bio compatibility review,‖ International Journal of Current Research Vol. 7, Issue, 06, pp.17379-17382, June 2015.  RajuG.Kammula and JanineM.Morris, ―considerations for the biocompatibility evaluation of medical devices,‖ MDDI online, May 2001.
- Yoshinori Onuki, Upkar Bhardwaj, M.Pharm. Fotios Papadimitrakopoulos Diane,J. Burgess, ―A Review of the Biocompatibility of Implantable Devices: Current Challenges to Overcome Foreign Body Response, ‖Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology, Volume 2, Issue 6, November 2008.
- Hiroyasu Kanetaka, Hideki Hosoda, Yoshinaka Shimizu, Tada-akiKudo, Ye Zhang, Mitsuhiro Kano, YuyaSano;and Shuichi Miyazaki, ―In Vitro Biocompatibility of Ni-Free TiBased Shape Memory Alloys for Biomedical Applications,‖ Materials Transactions, Vol. 51, No. 10 (2010) pp. 1944 to 1950.
- Shoko Nunome, Hiroyasu Kanetaka, Tada-akiKudo, KazukiEndoh, Hideki Hosoda and Kaoru Igarashi, ―In vitro evaluation of biocompatibility of Ti–Mo–Sn–Zrsuperelastic alloy,‖Journal of Biomaterials Applications2015, Vol. 30(1) 119–130
- Dejan Tanikic, Miodrag Manic, Sasa Randelovic, Dalibor Denadic, Darko Brodic, ―determination of the characteristic transformation temperatures of the biocompatible shape memory alloys,‖ IJRET, eISSIN:2319-1163.