Author : Lokeshwari M 1
Date of Publication :25th May 2018
Abstract: In most of the water distribution network system, major amount of water losses due to leakage and faulty joints. This paper deals with the design and real-time monitoring of water leakage detection with the help of sensors. The system consists of vigorous and reliable wireless sensor network, which constitute electrical devices along with the Arduino Uno for collection of data from different sensors (Pressure, flow rate, Vibration etc.). Location of leakage and amount of water loses through the water go, identified through the sensors and other collected information are dumped into the cloud through the gateway. Subsequently users can get the data using Wi-Fi module. As soon as a leak takes place, the solenoid valve will automatically close and reduces further loss of water. Implementations of Smart Water distribution network system helps for real-time monitoring and reduces the water losses as well as enhance the water conservation
- J.M. Muggleton and M. J. Brennan, “Leak noise propagation and attenuation in submerged plastic water pipes,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 278, No. 3, pp. 527–537, 2004.
- Milad Gossan, Aidin Ghavamian, Ali Mohammed, Ali Abdulshaheed, “Pipeline monitoring system using wireless sensor network” , International Journal of science and research, volume 13, No 1 , pp25 - 32, 2016.
- M A. Ezechina, K. K. Okwara, C. A. U. Ugboaja. “The Internet of Things (IoT): A Scalable Approach to Connecting Everything.”, The International Journal of Engineering and Science Vol 4(1), pp 09-12, 2015.
- Q. Xu, R. Liu, Q. Chen, and R. Li, “Review on water leakage control in distribution networks and the associated environmental benefits,” Journal of Environmental Sciences (China), vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 955–961, 2014
- Gopala Krishnan P, Abhishek S, Ranjith R, venktash R and Jai Suriya V “Smart Pipeline Water Leakage Detection System”, AICHE journal publication, vol-12, pp16, 2017.
- Jayavardhana Gubbi, Raj Kumar Buyya , Slaven Marusic, Marimuthu Palaniswami “Internet of Things (IoT): A vision, architectural elements, and future directions” , Future generation computer system, Vol 29, pp 1645–1660, 2013.