Author : Nilesh D. Bagul 1
Date of Publication :26th April 2018
Abstract: Epoxy or polyepoxide is a thermosetting epoxide polymer that cures (polymerizes and cross-joins) when blended with a curing operator or "hardener". Most basic epoxy resins are created from a response amongst epichlorohydrin and bisphenol-A. Epoxy tar is most generally utilized as a lattice for cutting-edge composites because of their unrivaled warm, mechanical and electrical properties; dimensional solidness and synthetic protection. Epoxy surface coatings are among the most broadly utilized modern completes and give unrivaled attachment, adaptability and consumption protection when connected to metallic substrates. Epoxy gums are likewise utilized with different curing specialists, diluents and properties
- Autar K. Kaw, “Mechanics of Composite Materials” 2nd edition Taylor & Francisgroup.2006
- Robert Jones, “Mechanics of Composite Materials” 2nd edition Taylor & Francisgroup.1998
- Brahim Attaf, “Advances In Composite Materials Ecodesign And Analysis” Intech Publications.
- Bryan Harris, “Engineering Composite Materials” The Institute of Materials, London.
- “Composite Materials Handbook Volume 3: Polymer Matrix Composites Materials Usage, Design, and Analysis”. Department Of Defense Handbook, USA, 17 June2002.
- Harris PJF. Carbon annotates science; synthesis, properties and applications. Cambridge: UK, Cambridge University Press; 2009.
- “Composite Materials Handbook Volume 1: Polymer Matrix Composites Guidelines for Characterization of Structural Materials”. Department Of Defense Handbook, USA, 17 June 2002.
- Siddiqui NA, Khan SU, Ma PC, Li CY, Kim JK. Manufacturing and characterization of carbon fibre/epoxy composite prepregs containing carbon nanotubes. Composites: Part A 2011;42:1412–20.
- Cheong SK, Kang KW, Jeong SK. Evaluation of the mechanical performance of golf shafts.2006; 13:464–73.
- Jinsong Li, RuiyingLuo. Study of the mechanical properties of carbon nanofiber reinforced carbon/carbon composites. Composites: Part A, July 19, 2008.