Author : Pavan D 1
Date of Publication :21st June 2018
Abstract: Concrete is a composite material composed of cement, fine aggregates, coarse aggregates and water. Now a day’s construction cost is very high with conventional material due to unavailability of natural materials. This problem can be solved by total replacement of concrete with the different material which is not convenient in terms of required properties. Due to this limitation of unavailability of material which plays the vital role of concrete we have the only choice of partial replacement of concrete ingredients by waste material. In this project, an attempt is made to find the variation in strength properties of concrete on partial replacement of fine aggregate and coarse aggregate by iron ore tailing (IOT)and rubber chips respectively. Experiments were conducted to determine the suitability of rubber chips and IOT as coarse aggregates and fine aggregates respectively for concrete. Compression, Split tensile and Flexure test were carried out for different percentage of rubber chips and IOT for 3%, 5%, 6%, 9%, 10%, 20% and 5%, 10%, 12%, 20%, 24%, 30%, 36% respectively. The results are convenient up to 50% usage of Rubber Chips and IOT
- Soil Stabilization Using Plastic Waste”- V. Mallikarjuna, T. Bindu Mani, V. R. Siddharatha Engineering College, Vijayawada, Andra Pradesh (2016)
- Comparative study on Soil Stabilization with Polyethylene Waste Materials and binders”- NicoletaMaria Ilies, Alexandru-Petru circu,Andor-Csongor Nagy, Vlad-Costel Ciubotaru, Zsombor Kisfaludi-Back, Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, Romania (2016).
- Stabilization of Soil by Using Waste Plastic Material”- Sharan Veer Singh, Mahadir Dixit, Central Soil and Material Research Station, New Delhi (2017).
- “Soil Stabilization by Using Plastic Waste”- Arpita G C Department of Civil Engineering, Amruta Institute of Engineering and Management Science, Bidadi, Bengaluru (2017).
- “Review Study of soil behaviour mix with waste plastic”- Devashish kushwah, Mukesh Pandey( professor and head), Rakesh Gupta(asst. Professor), Department of Civil Engineering, ITM University, Gwalior.
- Ref. IS: 2720 (Part 2) -1973, for moisture content.
- Ishtiaq Alam, Umer Ammar Mahmood, Nouman Khattak., “Use of Rubber as Aggregate in concrete”, ISSN 2319-5347, Vol. 04, No. 02, April 2015.
- Partha Saika, Owais Mustaq and A. Arunya., “Experimental study of replacement of coarse aggregates by rubber chips in concrete” ISSN 0972-768X, May 2016.
- Francis Atta Kuranchie, Sanjay Kumar Shukla, Daryoush Habibi and Alireza Mohyeddin.,” Utilization of iron ore tailings as aggregates in concrete”, September 2015
- Ali Umara Shettima, Mohd Warid Hussin, Yusof Ahmad, Jahangir Mirza,” Evaluation of iron ore tailings as replacement for fine aggregate in concrete”, 120 (2016) 72-79, May 2016
- Mohd Khairul Naim Ibarahim, Dr. Mohd Yunus Ishak, “Rubber as partial replacement to coarse aggregate to establish green concrete”, August 2016