Author : Mohammed Muqeet Ali 1
Date of Publication :8th January 2019
Abstract: For the purpose of study of geometry of frame tube structures in this report frame tube structure has been modelled in four different geometries namely Square, Rectangular, Triangular and Circular. And each geometry having variation in number of stories namely G+20, G+30, G+40 and G+50 stories are considered to study the effects of variation of height of the structure. All the models having approximately equal area and similar identical member sectional properties and identical loading, The Linear Dynamic Response Spectrum Analysis is performed on a total of sixteen building models. It was observed that the square model shows reduction in top story displacement up to 16.55% of rectangular model, 1.84% of triangular and 6.93% of circular model. As we know that with the increase in height of a structure the displacement of the structure also increases, it is observed that the story displacements are increased in G+30 story by 27%, in G+40 story by 42% and in G+50 story by 50% to that of a G+20 story models. The square model shows reduction in inter story drift up to 15.89% of rectangular model, 2.53% of triangular model and 6.40% of circular model. The square model shows reduction in story shear up to 17.12% of rectangular model, 11.68% of triangular model and 5.06% of circular model.
- Bungale, S. Taranath. (2009). Reinforced concreate design of tall buildings, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, 6000 Broken Sound Parkway NW.
- Beedle, Lynn S.; Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (1986). Advances in tall buildings. Van Nostrand Reinhold Company. p. 149. ISBN 978-0-442-21599-6.
- Mir Ali M., Kyoung Sun Moon. (2007). ―Structural Developments in Tall Buildings: Current Trends and Future Prospects‖ Architectural Science Review. 50 (3), 205–223. DOI:10.3763/asre.2007.5027.
- Reza Mahjoub., Reza Rahgozar., and Hamed, Saffari. (2011). ―Simple Analysis of Tube Frame System of Tall Building by Using of Deformation Functions‖ Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 5(8), 1475-1482.
- Jahanshahi M. R., Rahgozar R. and Malekinejad, M. (2012) ―A simple approach to static analysis of tall buildings with a combined tube-in tube and outrigger-belt truss system subjected to lateral loading‖ International Journal of Engineering Transactions A: Basics, 25(3), 289- 299, DOI: 10.5829/idosi.ije.2012.25.03a.10.