Author : Himanshu Gupta 1
Date of Publication :10th May 2019
Abstract: Carbon fiber composite are generally used in aerospace due its high structural properties. Other than structural properties, Electrical conductivity of composites also play major role such as under lightning strike and health monitoring. Electrical conductivity of carbon fiber is very good. But, Electrical conductivity of carbon composite is as not good as carbon fiber due to use of polymer as matrix. In this paper, electrical conductivity of carbon fiber composite have been numerically simulated using waviness model and curing pressure of composite fabrication as a parameter. This model was successfully implemented unidirectional composites. Conductivity in longitudinal direction conductivity was found to 50 times more than transvers direction.
- Numerical investigation and experimental verification of the Joule heating effect of polyacrylonitrile-based carbon fiber tows under high vacuum conditions. by Athanasopoulos N, Sikoutris D, Panidis T, Kostopoulos V.
- Todoroki A, Samejima Y, Hirano Y, Matsuzaki R, Mizutani Y. Electrical resistance change of thick CFRP laminate for self-sensing.
- Nonlinear numerical modelling of lightning strike effect on composite panels with temperature dependent material properties by Abdelal G, Murphy A.
- HexTow_ AS4 carbon fiber product data.
- Kawakami H. Lightning strike induced damage mechanisms of carbon fiber composites. University of Washington.
- Allen DH, Jones RH, Boyd JG. Micromechanical analysis of a continuous fiber metal matrix composite including the effects of matrix visco plasticity and evolving damage.