Author : Iqra Absar 1
Date of Publication :10th May 2019
Abstract: In this paper, a parabolic reflector antenna has been designed using carbon fiber composite. Carbon fiber Numerical approach and Electromagnetic simulator based computer simulation approach was adopted. Theoretical and simulation results of carbon fiber based composites was compared with aluminum based reflector. It was observed that CFC material is a feasible alternative for antenna applications in comparison to metallic based reflector.
- Constantine A. Balanis, “Antenna Theory Analysis and Design”, third edition, A John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Publication.
- Gerald Artner, Philipp K. Gentner, Johann Nicolics, Christopher F.Mecklenbrauker. “Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymer with Shredded Fibers: Quasi-Isotropic Material Properties and Antenna Performance”. International Journal of Antennas and Propagation Volume 2017, Article ID 6152651.
- S.E.Lee, K.S.Oh and C.G.Kim, “Electromagnetic characteristics off frequency selective fabric composite”, IEEE Electronic Letters, vol.42, issue 8, pp.439-441, April 2006
- S.Rea, D.Linton and Or e J, McConnell, “Electromagnetic shielding properties of carbon fibre composites in avionic sytems, Microwave Review, June 2005”.
- Rodrigo R. de Assi and Ildefono Bianchi., “Analysis of Microstrip Antenna on Carbon Fiber Compoite Material”,Journal of Microwaves, Optoelectronics and Electromagnetic Application,Vol.11,No.1,June 2012.
- Mithunkumar C.N, Venkateshmurthy, “Design and Analysis of Antenna Reflector Using Composite Materials”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology Vol. 3, Issue 5, May 2014.