Author : Pratibha Sinha 1
Date of Publication :10th May 2019
Abstract: Varus knee osteoarthritis is a common disease due to structural abnormality of human legs. Severity of this type of Osteoarthritis can be quantified using biomechanical analysis of the Knee. Objective of this research paper was to analyze the mechanical factors that are responsible for Varus knee Osteoarthritis. Adduction moment and stresses were evaluated from lateral side to medial side. It was observed that bending stresses were responsible for increasing severity. Stresses in Varus knee is were approximately double of the normal knee.
- Goh JCH, Bose K, Khoo BC, “Gait analysis study on patients with Varus osteoarthritis of the knee”, Clin Orthop, 294, Page:223–31, 1993
- Johnson F, Leitl S, Waugh W, “The distribution of load across the knee-a comparison of static and dynamic measurements”, J Bone Joint Surg Br, 62B, Page:346–9, 1980
- Rose JR, Gamble JG, editors, “Human walking”, Philadelphia: Williams and Wilkins, 1994
- Naranbat Lkhagvasuren, Erdenebileg Avirmed, Batsukh Ombogo, Battulga Khaltar, Zolbayar Baasanjav, Otgonsaikhan Nomkhoidorj, Munkhbaatar Dagvasumbere, Puntsag Chultemsuren, Avirmed Amgalanbaatar, Munkhbayarlakh Sonomjamts, ” Morphological Measurements of Knee Joints in Mongolian Population”, Open Journal of Applied Sciences, 8, 619-626, 2018.
- Shawn Farrokhi, Carrie A. Voycheck,Scott Tashman, G. Kelley Fitzgerald, “A Biomechanical perspective on Physical Therapy Managemant of Knee Osteoarthritis”, Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy, Volume 43 Number 9, Page:600-619, 2013.
- Ines Kutzner, Adam Trepczynski, Maekus O. Hellar, Georg Bergmann, “Knee Adduction Moment and Medial Contact Force- Facts about Their Correlation during Gait”, PLOS ONE, Volume 8 Issue12, 2013.