Author : Prashant Kumar Tripathi 1
Date of Publication :1st July 2019
Abstract: In this paper study of the behavior of skew slab bridge with simply supported on two edge and other to edges free with various skew angles like 00,150,300 and 450 is done. A detailed study on variation of deflection, longitudinal moment and torsional moment on a simply supported skew slab bridges with various skew angles is analyzed by using structural analysis software CSI bridge. In this Analysis we consider the load combination to be dead load and live load (IRC class 70r tracked).
- M. S. Qaqish, “Effect of Skew Angle on Distribution of Bending Moments in Bridge Slabs” Journal of applied Science 2005.
- C. Menassa, M. Mabsout, K, Tarhini and G. Frederick. , “Influence of Skew Angle on Reinforced Concrete Slab Bridges”, Journal of Bridge Engineering, ASCE. MarchApril 2007.
- Kar,Anshuman and Singh,P.K et al. Study on Effect of Skew Angle in Skew Bridges, International Journal of Engineering Research and Development, Volume 2, Issue 12 (August 2012), PP. 13-18.
- Sujit P S, Dr. Jiji Anna Varughese, Tennu Syriac,”Comparative study on the behavior of Tbeam skew bridges”,volume-4, issue-9, September 2015.
- Ajay D. Shahu, S.V. Joshi, P. D. Pachpor,“Comparison of Skew Bridges with Different Skew Angles”, IJET journal,2016.
- Sheethal Joy, Ananya John, ”Parametric study of skewed continuous T-beam bridge super structure under seismic response”, Volume-6, issue-5, may2017. 7. IRC 6-2014; Standard Specifications and Code of Practice for Road Bridges.
- IRC 112-2011; Code of Practice for Concrete Road Bridges. 9. N. Rajagopalan “Skew Bridges”,Indian Institute of Bridge Engineers Report.