Author : Vandana Prakash 1
Date of Publication :17th May 2019
Abstract: Piezoelectric materials are used a sensor as well as actuators. This has quick response property and extremely good coupling effects between the mechanical and electric properties. In this paper, an effort has been made to analyze the actuation behavior of various sizes of the piezoelectric patch which is surface bonded on the carbon fiber reinforced composite laminate and plate is simply supported. It was found that flexural deflection is depended upon the size of the piezoelectric patch.
- Crawley, E.; de Luis, J. Use of piezoelectric actuators as elements of intelligent structures. AIAA J. 1987, 25,1373–1385
- Bailey, T.; Hubbard, J.E. Distributed piezoelectricpolymer active vibration control of a cantilever beam. J. Guid. Contr. Dyn. 1985, 8, 605–611.
- Saravanos, D.A.; Heyliger, P.R. Mechanics and computational models for laminated piezoelectric beams, plates and shells. Appl. Mech. Rev. 1999, 52, 305–320.
- S. C. Her, C. S. Lin, Deflection of Cross-ply Composite Laminates Induced by Piezoelectric Actuators, journal of sensors, Vol. 25, 1987, pp. 719-732.
- Koconis, D.B.; Kollar, L.P.; Springer, G.S. Shape control of composite plates and shells with embedded actuators I: voltage specified. J. Compos. Mater. 1994, 28, 415– 458.