Author : Meraj Ahamad 1
Date of Publication :13th June 2019
Abstract: This paper deals the response of elevated water tank with different bracings system under seismic and gravity loads. In the present work, three types of bracings system horizontal, diagonal and inverted-V bracing with 800 m3 capacity situated in Zone V (soft soil) using software like SAP (V20.2) and ETABS(V17.0.1) software done by response spectrum method and the compare the seismic parameters for staging of tank as per IS:1893-2016(I), Eurocode-8, and ASCE-7 by Etabs software. It is observed that the maximum time period of model 3 (Inverted-V bracing) is 63.18% and model 2 (Diagonal bracing) is 58.10% less than model 1 (Horizontal bracing) and base shear of model 3 is 138.89% and model 2 is 131.12% more than model 1 and storey displacement of model 3 is 68.67% and model 2 is 49.43% less than model 1 and maximum overturning moment of model 3 is 137.17% and model2 is 130.16% less than model 1 .
- Sudhir K.Jain, Sameer(1990) “ Seismic design of frame staging for elevated water tank” Ninth symposium on earthquake, Roorkee Vol.1
- Durgesh C Rai (2003) “Performance of elevated tanks in Mw 7.7 Bhuj earthquake” indiaacd.sci vol.112 pp.421-429.
- O.R. Jaiswal , Sudhir K Jain (2005) “Modified proposed provision for a seismic design of liquid storage tanks” Journal of structural Engeering Vol.32 no.4 pp.297-310.
- R. Livaoglu, A.dogangun (2006) “Simplified seismic analysis procedures for elevated tanks considering fluid structure soil interaction”Journal of fluids and structures (ELSEVIER) vol.22, pp.421-439.
- F. Omidinasab, M.T. Ahmadi (2010) “Seismic Demand Evaluation of Elevated Reinforced Concrete Water Tanks” IJCE vol.8.
- Soheil Soroushnia (2011) “Seismic Performance of RC Elevated Water Tanks with frame Staging and Exhibition Damage Pattern” ELSEVIER vol.14 pp.3076-3087..