Author : Shobha Yadav 1
Date of Publication :12th July 2019
Abstract: Presently Earthquakes are most frequent natural hazard occurred in India and as a result lots of life and property damage due to sudden failure of the structure, therefore it’s important to give special attention to design and to improve the seismic performance of multi-storey buildings. Use of structural steel in RCC building make building more ductile and earthquake resistant. Composite structure are advance structure over RCC structure and Steel structure. In composite structure both concrete and structure steel were used and work as a single unit under gravity and seismic forces. In this paper seismic response of composite structures are presented, Response spectrum method is used for the analysis of (G+14) residential multi-storey building with different composite column located in zone IV using ETABS(2017) software. In this paper analysis results studied and compare their seismic parameters with ordinary RCC building as per IS 1893:2016 (Part I). It is found that building with composite column (concrete encased steel tube composite column) perform better than ordinary RCC building under seismic loading.
- Cheng-chihchen,Jian-Ming Li (2005) “ Experimental behaviour and strength of concreteencased composite beam-column with T-Shape steel section under cyclic loading” (ELSEVIER) Vol-61, pp 863-881
- L.Cheng,Chun-Man Chan (2009) “ Optimal lateral stiffness design of composite steel and concrete tall frameworks” (ELSEVIER) Vol-31,pp 523-533.
- Yu-feng An, Lin-Hai Han (2014) “Behaviour of concrete-encased column under combined compression and bending” (ELSEVIER) Vol101,pp 314-330.
- Cristina Camoian, Zsolt Nagy (2015) “Behaviour of fully encased steel-concrete composite columns subjected to monotonic and cyclic loading” (ELSEVIER) Vol-117, pp 439-451.
- Wei-Wu Qian, Wei Li , Lin-Hai Han (2016) “Analytical behavior of concrete-encased CFST columns under cyclic lateral loading” (ELSEVIER) Vol-120,pp 206-220.
- D.Datta (2016) “Steel composite construction-New Trend in India” (IOSR-JMCE) ISSN:2278-1684, pp 2320-334X
- Georgios S. Papavasileiou , DimosC.Charmpis (2016) “Seismic design optimization of multistorey steel-concrete composite buildings” (ELSEVIER) Vol-170,pp 49-61.