Author : Anju EM 1
Date of Publication :18th July 2019
Abstract: Electrical resistivity is a very effective tool for the determination of geotechnical properties of soil. Electrical resistivity of a given soil decreased with increase in water content. The increasing density leads to decrease in resistivity.The resostivity of the soil changes with the nature of the soil layer.This paper mainly focusing on the predication of water content and density from the determined resistivity value.We can represent the variation of electrical resistivity with water content and density by three dimensional representation using MATLAB.
- Abuzeid,M. M., Hassan,A.M., and Hassouna,A.F. “Evalouation of Expansive Soil Properties by Electrical Resistivity.” Journal of Engineering,IJMER ,6(4), 2249– 6645, 2014. .
- Bery,K.K., and Rosli,S. “Tropical Clayey Sand Soil’s Behaviour Analysis and its Empirical Correlations via Geophysics Electrical Resistivity Method andEngineering Soil Characterizations .” International Journal of Geosciences,111 116,2012.
- Huang, D., and Singh,D.N. “In Situ Determination of Thermal Resistivity of Soil: Case Study of Olorunsogo Power Plant, Southwestern Nigeria.” International Scholarly Research Network.,Vol 2012,1- 15,2012.
- M.H Ahmad,F., Bin Zainal Abidin, Saad ,R., and Wijeyesekera,D.C. 2014. “The Influence of Soil Moisture Content and Grain Size Characteristics on its FieldElectrical Resistivity .” EJGE,Vol 18 ,Pg 699-705,2012
- Zamri, C., and Taohidul,S.M.“Finding Soil Particle Size through Electrical Resistivity in Soil Site Investigations.” EJECE, Vol. 17,1867-1876,2012.