Author : Mr. Salim Jafri 1
Date of Publication :17th August 2017
Abstract: Dynamic Mechanical Analyzer’s (DMA) available today are so advanced with the capability of analyzing multiple material properties within the same system, DMA system is expensive and immobile because of its complex design, sensors and actuators like highly advance strain gauges, load cell and pneumatic, hydraulic, servo electric motor’s. Considering the cost as a criteria this paper is an attempt to provide low cost and portable design of DMA for testing soft polymer and viscoelastic material.. The DMA system is successfully designed and fabricated using 3D printed parts, laser cut acrylic and aluminum supports.
- K.P. Menard, Dynamic mechanical analysis: a practical introduction. CRCpress,2008.
- Y. Gharagozlou, “7 Tips For Materials Testing,” Instron Corporation, Tech. Rep., 08/2015.
- C.D. Johnson, Process control instrumentation technology. Pearson Education Limited, 2014.
- L. Li, “Dynamic mechanical analysis (dma) basics and beyond. parkinelmer inc,” 2000.
- M. Instruments, “Metravib DMA 25/50 user’s guide,” Limonest, France, September 2012.,651,123.
- L. P. Zepp, “Linear potentiometer,” Mar. 17 1987, US Patent 4,651,123.
- Y. Gharagozlou, “Strain Measurement Techniques for Composite Coupon Testing,” Instron Corporation, Tech. Rep., 12/2015.