Author : Muhammad Ahsan Iqbal 1
Date of Publication :13th February 2020
Abstract: This project specifically incorporates clean energy sources for existing design of self powered surveillance RC aircraft. Solar and wind energy are the main clean energy sources currently being utilized in aviation applications. Normally these two sources are independently utilized to serve a specific purpose. However, this project essentially merges these two sources of clean energy, and provides an effective approach to power a radio controlled surveillance aircraft. Theoretical analysis has been conducted to estimate the required parameters; power & battery requirements, weight & payload, surface area and cost. Then these theoretical results are primarily compared with the experimental results available; thus validating the results. Therefore, it is concluded that solar and wind energies can be effectively combined to produce a reliable self powered RC surveillance aircraft, and can be further enhanced to meet the required specifications for any application; thus, implementing it on a larger scale.
- Al Qubaisi, Abdulla Ahmed, Sharul Sham Dol, Mohammad S. Khan, and Abid Abdul Azeez. "Feasibility study and design of floating offshore wind turbine farm in United Arab Emirates." In 2018 Advances in Science and Engineering Technology International Conferences (ASET), pp. 1-5. IEEE, 2018.
- Tiong, Y. K., M. A. Zahari, S. F. Wong, and S. S. Dol. "The Feasibility of Wind and Solar Energy Application for Oil and Gas Offshore Platform." In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 78, no. 1, p. 012042. IOP Publishing, 2015.
- Houhou, Mohamed Raouf, Sharul Sham Dol, Mohammad S. Khan, and Abid Abdul Azeez. "Feasibility study on converting ocean waves energy by pelamis in United Arab Emirates." In 2018 Advances in Science and Engineering Technology International Conferences (ASET), pp. 1-5. IEEE.
- Al Khudhiri, Nasr, Sharul Sham Dol, and Mohammad S. Khan. "Design of hydro-power plant for energy generation for a mid-size farm with insufficient water distribution networks." In 2018 Advances in Science and Engineering Technology International Conferences (ASET), pp. 1-6. IEEE.
- MA Zahari, SS Dol. “Application of Vortex Induced Vibration Energy Generation Technologies to the Offshore Oil and Gas Platform: The Preliminary Study.” International Journal of Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial and Mechatronics Engineering, vol. 8, no. 7, pp. 1321-1324, 2014.
- Solar Impulse Plane. (n.d.). Retrieved from Support the Gaurdian : https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/jul/26/solar -impulse-plane-makes-history-completing-round-the-worldtrip