Author : Omar Mustapha Kassem 1
Date of Publication :15th January 2020
Abstract: Renewable energy is an energy that can be available on the earth all the time in the domain of human life such as wind, solar, geothermal, wave’s energies. The advantages of renewable energy are reducing the emissions that produced from burning coal and fuel resources and it is not limited like other resources. So this paper will focus in wind and solar energy and see if the power produced from solar and wind is applicable to refill the need to offshore oil and gas platforms. All data required for this paper will be collected for United Arab Emirates (UAE) offshore oil and gas platform. The selection of the wind turbine should be suitable for the region that have low wind speed and proper solar panels that give maximum power. The governing parameters include wind speed, air density, diameter and height of wind turbine, wind density and the design of the wind turbine blade. It mainly depends on the geography but finally the turbine choices are based on the energy demand of the area.
- Al Qubaisi, Abdulla Ahmed, Sharul Sham Dol, Mohammad S. Khan, and Abid Abdul Azeez. "Feasibility study and design of floating offshore wind turbine farm in United Arab Emirates." In 2018 Advances in Science and Engineering Technology International Conferences (ASET), pp. 1-5. IEEE.
- Khing, T. Yui, M. A. Zahari, and S. S. Dol. "Application of vortex induced vibration energy generation technologies to the offshore oil and gas platform: The feasibility study." World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, International Journal of Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial, Mechatronic and Manufacturing Engineering 9, no. 4 (2015): 661-666
- Azeez, Abid Abdul, Sharul Sham Dol, and Mohammad S. Khan. "Effects of Cylinder Shape on the Performance of Vortex Induced Vibration for Aquatic Renewable Energy." In 2019 Advances in Science and Engineering Technology International Conferences (ASET), pp. 1-4. IEEE, 2019.
- Chear, C. K., and S. S. Dol. "Vehicle aerodynamics: drag reduction by surface dimples." International Journal of Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial, Mechatronic and Manufacturing Engineering 9, no. 1 (2015).
- A. F. El Ghazali and S. S. Dol. “Aerodynamic Optimization of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle through Propeller Improvements.” Journal of Applied Fluid Mechanics, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 793-803, 2020.
- Al Khudhiri, Nasr, Sharul Sham Dol, and Mohammad S. Khan. "Design of hydro-power plant for energy generation for a mid-size farm with insufficient water distribution networks." In 2018 Advances in Science and Engineering Technology International Conferences (ASET), pp. 1-6. IEEE.
- Tiong, Y. K., M. A. Zahari, S. F. Wong, and S. S. Dol. "The Feasibility of Wind and Solar Energy Application for Oil and Gas Offshore Platform." In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 78, no. 1, p. 012042. IOP Publishing, 2015.
- Eid, Saif Eldin, and Sharul Sham Dol. "Design and Development of Lightweight-High Endurance Unmanned Aerial Vehicle for Offshore Search and Rescue Operation." In 2019 Advances in Science and Engineering Technology International Conferences (ASET), pp. 1-5. IEEE, 2019.