Author : Shruthi H.M 1
Date of Publication :16th April 2020
Abstract: Metal Matrix Composites (MMCs) have many beneficial characteristics like light weight, high strength, stiffness and exhibit greater resistance to corrosion, oxidation, and wear. The effect of TiO2 and graphite particulates on mechanical strength of the Aluminium based composites processed through stir casting technique was investigated. Titanium Oxide (TiO2) and graphite (Gr) particles were used as reinforcement phases for the present study. The hybrid MMCs was prepared with varying volume proportions of TiO2 particles for 4%, 8% and 12% and 3% constant volume of graphite. The average particles size of TiO2 and graphite are 44 microns and 149 microns respectively. The stir casting process was carried out. The microstructure and mechanical properties are investigated on prepared hybrid MMCs.
- Ajith kumar.R , Chandan singh M: “Enhancement of mechanical properties of aluminium 6061 metal matrix composite” , International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics Volume 119 No. 15 2018, 2063-2078
- G.Sivakaruna and Dr. P.Suresh Babu, “A survey on effects of reinforcement on Aluminium metal matrix composites”, International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology (IJMET), volume no.8, pp.112– 131, 2017
- Gowrishankar T P, Manjunath L, Jegadeeswaran N “The Properties of an Aluminum Metal Matrix Composite - A review”, International Journal of Advances in Scientific Research and Engineering (IJASRE), volume no.3, 2017.
- Dr. G Elango1, K Balaji2, R M Kingsley Solomon3, R Vallal Peruman: “Investigation on Mechanical Properties of Gr+Tio2reinforced Composite”, IJIRT , Volume 5 Issue 11, ISSN: 2349-6002.
- G.S. Kataiah, Dr.D.P.Girish “The mechanical properties of aluminium 6061 - TiO2 composites” International Journal of Innovative Research and Development (Special Issue) volume no.5, 2016.
- Himanshu Kala, K.K.S Mer, Sandeep Kumar, “A Review on Mechanical and Tribological Behaviors of Stir Cast Aluminium Matrix Composites”, Science direct, pp.1951- 1960, 2014. International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics Special Issue 2077.
- Niranjan K N, Shivaraj B N, Sunil kumar M, Deepak A R, “Study of Mechanical Properties on Aluminium 6061 hybrid composite by stir casting method” International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), volume no.4, 2017.