Author : Shruthi H.M 1
Date of Publication :2nd July 2020
Abstract: The present work deals with the objective of characterizing the dynamic behavior of metal matrix composites processed using stir casting method. An important outcome in the dynamic analysis of composite structure is the determination of their natural frequencies, mode shapes and damping ratio. This is important because composite material structures often operate in complex surrounding conditions and are sometimes exposed to a variety of dynamic excitations. In this work, an experimental modal analysis approach is used to characterize the vibration behavior of MMC plate. The hybrid MMCs was prepared with varying weight proportions of TiO2 particles for 4%, 8% and 12% and graphite of 3% constant weight. The results obtained were indicates that the increase in the natural frequency and damping ratio due to addition of titanium dioxide and constant proportion of graphite with aluminium alloy 6061.
- Suresh K S and Chethana B M: “Vibrational Analysis of Al 6061–Si and Mg Metal Matrix Composites”, International Journal for Research in Applied Science & Engineering Technology (IJRASET) ISSN: 2321-9653; Volume 6 Issue X, Oct 2018.
- L Girisha, Dr. Raji George and Pradeep Kumar Ilay: “Investigation of Damping Behavior of Aluminum Based Hybrid Nanocomposites”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT) ISSN: 2278- 0181 Vol. 3 Issue 9, September- 2014.
- Arunkumar Airodagi and Dr. N. Suresh: “Experimental Study of Damping Characteristic of LM6-Fly Ash-Ni Composite”, International Journal of Science Technology & Engineering | Volume 5 | Issue 2 | August 2018.
- K. Ramesh and Shreyas Ranka: “Investigation on the damping characteristics of AL-NI metal matrix composites” , Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, ISSN: 0974-2115 .
- Dora Siva Prasad and Chintada Shoba: “Experimental evaluation onto the damping behavior of Al/SiC/RHA hybrid composites”, Journal of Materials Research and Technology 2 0 1 6;5(2):123–130.
- A. P. Kumbhar and R. T. Vyavahare: “Vibrational response and mechanical properties characterization of aluminium alloy 6061/Sic composite”, International Conference on Inventive Research in Material Science and Technology AIP Conf. Proc. 1966, 020036-1–020036-8.
- Roussos G. Papagiannakis: “Fabrication of hybrid (Al+Tio2+Gr) metal matrix composites-An Experimental Study” , Rev. Téc. Ing. Univ. Zulia. Vol. 37, Nº 2, 33 - 36, 2014.
- Vinayak Janiwarad and Shadakshari R: “Microstructure, Mechanical properties and Damping behaviour of hybrid composite of A356.0”, International Journal of Innovative