Author : Mohan Kumar K S 1
Date of Publication :17th July 2020
Abstract: In recent trend Aluminium based metal matrix composites are most commonly used in mechanical and automobile component design applications because of their excellent mechanical, Tribological and its physical properties. Also Aluminium metal matrix composites are used for a variety of applications such as military, aerospace, electrical industries and automotive purposes. This paper presents Tribological tests results of pure Aluminium with 0%, 3%, 6%. And 9% TiO2 reinforcement. The reinforcement was in the shape of particles with size of 44 microns, and the technology for producing of composite was stir casting. Dry sliding wear tests of the specimens were conducted using pin-on-disc test apparatus conforming to ASTM G99 standards with electronic data acquisition system. EN32 hardened steel disc with a hardness of 65HRC and Ra value of 2.5-3.5 μm was used as the counter surface. The wear displacement with respect to sliding distance of different test specimens at different loads were studied and analysed.
- K. R. Padmavathi1 and R. Ramakrishnan “Tribological and Mechanical Characterization of Aluminum Metal Matrix Composites” Indian Journal of Science and Technology, Vol 9(S1), DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9iS1/107616, December 2016.
- Vinaykumar S Shet, Mahadev U M. “Investigation on Tribological Behavior of Metal Matrix Composites (Al6063-TiO2)” International Journal of Recent Engineering Research and Development (IJRERD) ISSN: 2455-8761 Volume 02 Issue 08 August 2017 PP. 117-148.
- Sumanth H R, Anil Kumar G and madhusudhan “Experimental Investigation of Mechanical and Tribological Behaviour of Al 6061- TiO2 processed by powder Metallurgy Technique”. International journal For Scientific research and Development (IJSRD), Volume 3, Issue 03, 2015, ISSN: 2321-0613.
- V.Ramakoteswara Rao, N. Ramanaiah and M.M.M. sarcar, “Tribological properties of Aluminium Metal Matrix Composites (AA7075 Reinforced with Titanium Carbide (TiC) Particles)”, International journal of advanced science and technology, Vol.88(2016), pp. 13- 26
- Ramesh B. T. Dr. Arun Kumar M. B. Dr. R. P. Swamy, “Dry Sliding Wear Test Conducted On Pin-On-Disk Testing Setup For Al6061-Sic Metal Matrix Composites Fabricated By Powder Metallurgy” IJISET - International Journal of Innovative Science, Engineering & Technology, Vol. 2 Issue 6, June 2015.
- Honnaiah C, Ashok Kumar M S and S L Ajit Prasad “Evaluation Of Tribological Properties Of A356-Al2o3 Metal Matrix Composites” ISSN 2278 – 0149 www.ijmerr.com Vol. 3, No. 2, April 2014.
- Ajit.S.Dange, Dr. Jayakumar.J “Evaluation of Mechanical and Wear Properties of Aluminium-Al2O3 Composite Material” Volume: 05 Issue: 08 Aug 2018 www.irjet.net e-ISSN: 2395-0056 p-ISSN: 2395-0072.
- Manojkumar M, Shanmuga Prakash R. “Wear Characteristics of Hybrid Al 6063 Matrix Composites Reinforced with Graphite and Fly Ash Particulates” Applied Mechanics and Materials ISSN: 1662-7482, Vol. 854, pp 1-9.