Author : Prof. Mayura M. Yeole 1
Date of Publication :8th July 2020
Abstract: The compressive, tensile and flexural performance of reinforced concrete structures is investigated with inclusion of waste paper, steel fibers and carbon fibers. The mass content of the additives used are 10%, 15% and 20% of total mix proportion. Twenty-seven cubes were tested under uniaxial compression and nine beams are tested under four-point bending. Also, 27 cylinders are tested for determination of tensile strength. The size of the cubes considered are 150 x 150 mm. Test results for all the three additives for axial compressive strength, tensile strength and ultimate strain of concrete significantly, will be presented in this project with the detail study of the material flexural behaviour. In flexure, the fibers increase the lateral load bearing capacity and the deflection several times larger than the concrete cubes. In flexure, fiber inclusion can affect the failure mode of the composite structure significantly. This experimental investigation is carried out under mix proportions i.e. M20 and the results of the durability tests are compared with the same mix proportionated concrete cubes. The beams for flexure made of Papercrete, steel fibres and carbon fibers are compared with the conventional concrete beams under four-point bending test. The size of beams under compression loading considered are 2000 x 100 x 200 mm. The main aim of this project is to increase the awareness of the use of natural and waste fibers as construction materials in the construction industry.
- K. R. Padmavathi1 and R. Ramakrishnan “Tribological and Mechanical Characterization of Aluminum Metal Matrix Composites” Indian Journal of Science and Technology, Vol 9(S1), DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9iS1/107616, December 2016.
- Vinaykumar S Shet, Mahadev U M. “Investigation on Tribological Behavior of Metal Matrix Composites (Al6063-TiO2)” International Journal of Recent Engineering Research and Development (IJRERD) ISSN: 2455-8761 Volume 02 Issue 08 August 2017 PP. 117-148.
- Sumanth H R, Anil Kumar G and madhusudhan “Experimental Investigation of Mechanical and Tribological Behaviour of Al 6061- TiO2 processed by powder Metallurgy Technique”. International journal For Scientific research and Development (IJSRD), Volume 3, Issue 03, 2015, ISSN: 2321-0613.
- V.Ramakoteswara Rao, N. Ramanaiah and M.M.M. sarcar, “Tribological properties of Aluminium Metal Matrix Composites (AA7075 Reinforced with Titanium Carbide (TiC) Particles)”, International journal of advanced science and technology, Vol.88(2016), pp. 13- 26.
- Ramesh B. T. Dr. Arun Kumar M. B. Dr. R. P. Swamy, “Dry Sliding Wear Test Conducted On Pin-On-Disk Testing Setup For Al6061-Sic Metal Matrix Composites Fabricated By Powder Metallurgy” IJISET - International Journal of Innovative Science, Engineering & Technology, Vol. 2 Issue 6, June 2015
- Honnaiah C, Ashok Kumar M S and S L Ajit Prasad “Evaluation Of Tribological Properties Of A356-Al2o3 Metal Matrix Composites” ISSN 2278 – 0149 www.ijmerr.com Vol. 3, No. 2, April 2014.
- Ajit.S.Dange, Dr. Jayakumar.J “Evaluation of Mechanical and Wear Properties of Aluminium-Al2O3 Composite Material” Volume: 05 Issue: 08 Aug 2018 www.irjet.net e-ISSN: 2395-0056 p-ISSN: 2395-0072.
- Materials ISSN: 1662-7482, Vol. 854, pp 1-9.