Author : Amanpreet kour Bali 1
Date of Publication :17th March 2021
Abstract: Globalization and Industrialization has changed the scenario of construction industry .The increasing demand of construction material has indirectly caused exploitation of natural material and environmental pollution. The use of agricultural byproducts after burning, grinding and sieving in concrete has been employed as an alternative of cement and fine aggregates. In this research experimental study was made on the effects of using Rice Straw Ash as a replacement of cement and fine aggregates in concrete. M20 Grade of concrete was prepared. The OPC 43 grade cement and fine aggregates were replaced at a replacement level of 0%, 9%, 12% and 15%. Physical, strength and durability properties of concrete incorporated with Rice Straw Ash as a partial replacement of cement and fine aggregates were analyzed after 28 days of curing. The test results showed that work ability and carbonation depth of concrete decreased with the increase in percentage of Rice Straw Ash while as compressive strength, flexural strength and abrasion resistance increased with the incorporation of Rice Straw Ash. Finally it was concluded that concrete incorporated with Rice Straw Ash as a replacement of cement gave more pronounced results as compared to fine aggregates.
- Abdelbary , A . and Mohamed , A,. (2018). Investigating Abrasion Resistance of Interlocking Blocks incorporating Steel slag aggregates , ACI Materials Journal , 115(1).
- Dabai , M., Muhammad , C., Bagudo , B. and Musa , A.,(2010) . Study on the effect of rice husk ash as cement admixture . Nigerian Journal Of basic and applied science, 17(2). https://doi.org/10.4314/njbas.V17i2.49917.
- EI –Sayed , M. and EI-Samni , T., (2006) . Physical and chemical properties of Rice Straw Ash and its effect on the cement paste produced from different cement types . Journal of King Saud University – Engineering Science , 19(11) , pp.21-29
- EI- Sayed , T.A., ERFAN, A.M.and Naby,E.L.(2017) .Influence of rice ,wheat straw ash and rice husk ash on properties of concrete mixes. JOKULL journal
- EI-Sayed , T.A., Erfan , A. and EI-Naby ,R., (2019) . Recycled rice and wheat straw ash as a replacement of cement. Journal of Engineering Research and Reports , 1-9. https://doi.org//10.9734/jlrr/2019/V5i2/692/.
- Garas , G., Bakhoum, E. and Allan , M ., (2015). Rice Straw –cementitious bricks analytical study on mechanical properties and sustainability measures .Journal of Engineering and applied sciences , 1-11.
- Kumar , A. and Velayutham , N., ( 2019). Experimental research on rice husk ash as a replacement to cement in construction industry . International Journal of research technology and engineering , 8(2S8), 1197-1200. https://doi.org/10.35940/ijrte.b1.37.0882s819
- Mahmuda , A., Tijaronge , M. and Amiruddin , A .,(2020). The potential utilization of rice straw ash as cement replacement in mortar material ,IOP Confrence Series ; Earth and Environmental Science , 419 , p.012037.
- Miller , S., Cunningham , P. and Harvey , J., (2019) . Rice Based Ash In concrete : A Review Of Past Work And Potential Environment Sustainability . Resource conservation and Recycling , 146, pp416- 430. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resconrec.2019.03.041.
- Munshi , S., Dey ,G. and Prasad Sharma , R.(2013) .Use of Rice Straw Ash as a pozzolanic material in cement mortar . International Journal of Engineering And Technology , 603-606. https://doiorg/10.7763/ijet.2013.