Author : Chaman Mamtani 1
Date of Publication :6th May 2021
Abstract: Water tank is a structure used to store water for supplying to households as drinking purpose, for industries as a coolant and irrigational water for agricultural farming in some areas. Elevated water tanks are constructed in order to provide required head so that the water will flow under the influence of gravity. In this paper, an extensive computational study has been conducted to find out the performance of structural elements of elevated water tank under wind force. Since these struc¬tures have large mass concentrated at the top of slender supporting structure, these structures are especially vul¬nerable to horizontal forces due to wind. Finite element models of 8 elevated water tanks have been analyzed in software. After the completion of the analysis a comparative study is carried out with respect to moments, shear stresses of base slabs and axial load variation of the columns with different staging heights.
- M. Bhandari and Karan Deep Singh, “Economic design of water tank of different shapes with reference to IS: 3370 2009.”, International journal of modern engineering research (IJMER), Vol. 4, 12th December 2014.
- M N S Radhuri and B Sri Harsha, “Design of circular water tank by using staad pro software.”, ISSN 2277- 4408, International journal of computer science information and engineering technologies.
- Hasan Jasim Mohammed, “Economical design of water concrete tanks.”, ISSN 1450-216X, European journal of scientific research, Vol.49 No.4 (2011), pp. 510-520
- Mr. Manoj Nallanathel, Mr. B. Ramesh and L. Jagadeesh, “Design and analysis of water tanks using staad pro.”, ISSN: 1314-3395, International journal of pure and applied mathematics, Volume No. 119, 2018, 3021-3029.
- Hemishkumar Patel, Prof. Jayeshkumar Pitroda and Dr. K. B. Parikh, “Analysis of circular and rectangular overhead water tank.”, 978-81-929339-0- 0, National conference on: “Trends and challenges of civil engineering in today’s transforming world”, 29th March, 2014
- Nitesh J Singh and Mohammad Ishtiyaque, “Design analysis and comparison of water tank for different wind speed and seismic zones as per Indian codes.”, International journal of research in engineering and technology, Volume: 04, 9th September 2015.