Author : Chaman Mamtani 1
Date of Publication :6th May 2021
Abstract: The time is coming when there is a need to preserve and store water. At such times is very much important of develop cost effective ways for storing and distributing water. The water stored in overhead water tanks can be distributed to the nearby areas without pumping. The cost effectiveness of the overhead storage water tanks depends majorly on the quantity of the concrete and steel required for the construction of the tank. In this research paper, the concrete and steel quantity for circular and rectangular shaped overhead water tanks of capacities 5 lakh litres, 10 lakh litres, 15 lakh litres and 20 lakh litres on staging heights 15 m, 18m, 21 m and 24 m is compared. The quantities are represented in the tables and the comparison is made through graphs.
- M. Bhandari and Karan Deep Singh, “Economic design of water tank of different shapes with reference to IS: 3370 2009.”, International journal of modern engineering research (IJMER), Vol. 4, 12th December 2014.
- M N S Radhuri and B Sri Harsha, “Design of circular water tank by using staad pro software.”, ISSN 2277- 4408, International journal of computer science information and engineering technologies.
- Hasan Jasim Mohammed, “Economical design of water concrete tanks.”, ISSN 1450-216X, European journal of scientific research, Vol.49 No.4 (2011), pp. 510-520.
- Mr. Manoj Nallanathel, Mr. B. Ramesh and L. Jagadeesh, “Design and analysis of water tanks using staad pro.”, ISSN: 1314-3395, International journal of pure and applied mathematics, Volume No. 119, 2018, 3021-3029.
- Hemishkumar Patel, Prof. Jayeshkumar Pitroda and Dr. K. B. Parikh, “Analysis of circular and rectangular overhead water tank.”, 978-81-929339-0- 0, National conference on: “Trends and challenges of civil engineering in today’s transforming world”, 29th March, 2014.
- Nitesh J Singh and Mohammad Ishtiyaque, “Design analysis and comparison of water tank for different wind speed and seismic zones as per Indian codes.”, International journal of research in engineering and technology, Volume: 04, 9th September 2015.
- Chintha Ravichandra and R. K. Ingle, “Analysis of cylindrical water tanks- wind or earthquake.”, ISBN: 978-93-85465-11-6, IRF International conference, 10th May 2015, Chennai, India.
- Sudip Jha ,Cherukupally Rajesh and P.Srilakshmi, “Behavior of an elevated water tank for different staging patterns and different staging heights.”, ISSN No: 2348-4845 International journal and magazine of engineering, technology, management and research, Volume No: 2 (2015), Issue No: 8 (August) 2015.