Author : Mr. Kamble, H.S 1
Date of Publication :13th August 2021
Abstract: The roll forming process works by passing sheet metal through a series of rollers, with each of these rollers adding shape to the metal. The rolls work together to form the desired cross section. Since the process is consistent and easy to repeat, roll forming provides a great way to precisely produce very high volumes of metal components. Experimental and numerical methods are studied in this paper.
- Paralikas, J., Salonitis, K. and Chryssolouris, G., Optimization of roll forming process parameters-a semi-empirical approach, Int J Adv Manuf Technol, 2010, 47:1041–1052.
- Park, H., Anh T. and Dang, X , An application of ANN-GA Hybrid approach on modelling and optimizing roll forming of aluminium car doorbelt, International Journal of Modern Manufacturing Technologies , 2011, 2067–3604
- Paralikas, J., Salonitis, K. and Chryssolouris, G., Investigation of the effect of roll forming pass design on main redundant deformations on profiles from AHSS, Int J Adv Manuf Technol, (2011) 56:475–491
- Paralikas, J. , Salonities, K. and Chryssolouris, G. ,Investigation of the effects of the main roll forming process parameters on quality for a V – section profile from AHSS, Int. J Adv Manuf Technol , 2009, 44:223-237.
- Safdarain, R. and Naeini, H.M., The effects of forming parameters on the cold roll forming of channel section, Thin-walled structure, 2015, 92: 130-136
- Ji-long,Y. ,Ying-bing ,L. ,Da-yong ,Li.,Ying-hong , P., Simulation of Roll Forming With Dynamic Explicit Finite Element Method,American institute of Physics,2005, CP778 Volume A, Numisheet.
- Sheikh, M.A. and Palavilayil,R.R., An assessment of finite element software for application to the rollforming process, Journal of Materials Processing Technology 180,2006, 221–232
- Li,L.M., Li ,D.H.,Peng, Y.H.,The simulation of sheet metal forming processes via integrating solid-shell element with explicit finite element method,2011, Engineering with Computers, 27:273–284
- Cho,J., Kim,H.,Lee,M., Cho,K., And Joun,M., Unsteady Simulation of Roll Forming Processes, Proceedings of the 2nd International Symposium on Mechanics, Aerospace and Informatics Engineering,2007, ISMAI02-DP-43
- Bui,Q.V, Ponthot,J.P., Numerical simulation of cold roll-forming processes, journal of materials processing technology 202, 2008, 275–282