Author : Anshul 1
Date of Publication :17th May 2022
Abstract: This paper presents a study on environmental friendly refrigerant with negligible global warming potential and zero ozone layer depletion as compare to other conventional refrigerant. Conventional refrigerant like- CFC and HCFC and other toxic and flammable gases have to be replaced by the eco-friendly refrigerant in the way of protecting our atmosphere. In the study we got eco-friendly refrigerant is acceptable replacement of conventional refrigerant with good COP (coefficient of performance) increment 15% approx. They have 4.5% less energy consumption as compare to conventional refrigerant. They also achieved good refrigeration temperature.
- Dhrumil Patel, Jign Dave, Jainil Thakkar, “Experimentally evaluate different environment friendly refrigerant in 1 Ton window AC” IRJET Volume: 08 Issue: 01, January 2021.
- Bolaji, B.O., “Selection of environmental-friendly refrigerants and the current alternatives in vapour compression refrigeration systems” Journal of science and management Volume:01 No:01, August 2011.
- Samira Benhadid-Dib, Ahmed Benzaoui “Refrigerants and their environmental impact Substitution of hydro-chlorofluorocarbon HCFC and HFC hydro-fluorocarbon. Search for an adequate refrigerant” ELSEVIER Energy Procedia Volume: 18 pp: 807-816, 2012
- Vijayan Gurumurthy Iyer and Nikos E Mastorakis “Experimental investigations on Eco-Friendly refrigeration and air conditioning systems” 4th WSEAS FMA pp: 445-450, 21-23 August 2006
- S.O. Banjo, B.O. Bolaji, I. Osagie, O.S.I. Fayomi, O.B. Fakehinde, P.S. Olayiwola, S.O. Oyedepo, N.E. Udoye, “Experimental analysis of the performance characteristic of an eco-friendly HC600a as a retrofitting refrigerant in a thermal system” Journal of physics: Conference Series Volume: 1378 No: 04 article no.: 042033, December 2019.
- Dr. Claus Barthel Thomas Götz “The overall worldwide saving potential from domestic refrigerators and freezers” BigEE report, December 2012.
- Manjeet Singh, Gurprasad Gurumurty, Shreya Shekhar, Karan Mangotra “Mapping the Refrigerant Trends in India: An Assessment of Room AC sector” The Energy and Resources Institute, march 2019. 20 p.