Author : Aakash Saxena 1
Date of Publication :22nd June 2022
Abstract: Air filtering systems are inevitable part of a controlled volume vessel and its vitality increases with increasing on-board time. However, using bulking CF filters adds to add weight of vessel which further decreases the efficiency of the air filter. For the present work, composite material made from E-glass, silenka with honeycomb structure is chosen. The study involves the generation of the 3D model on Solid- works and then performing the analysis on the model using ANSYS 2019R1 software. A new composite material using honeycomb structure of E-glass, Silenka laminate is generated which is effective in cost saving as well as delivers good results against stresses. The composite laminate was successfully implemented on to the 3D model generated with weight reduction approach, the 45.86% of the dead -weight is reduced which would be very effective to raise the efficiency of the submarine and other industrial plant.With comparative strength approach, 55.78% increment in the tensile strength is achieved in computational analysis, impact test shows 2.28%, 25.90% and -82.13% change (for respective maximum values) in Max. deformation (mm), Equivalent Stress and Equivalent Elastic Strain during impact test as compared to Stainless steel using ansys.
- Barsotti, Beatrice, Marco Gaiotti, and Cesare Mario Rizzo. "Recent Industrial Developments of Marine Composites Limit States and Design Approaches on Strength." Journal of Marine Science and Application 19.4 (2020): 553-566.
- B.Vijaya,M.Naveen,et al. “Design & Fabrication of Economical air filter.”International Journal of Trend in Scientific Research and Development Volume :3,Issue:3,april 2019.
- M.Henning,Abdallayev,et al. “Review on Polymeric,Inorganic & Composite Materials for air-filter.”Advanced Energy and sustainability Research,april 2017.
- Vedernikov, Alexander, et al. "Pultruded materials and structures: A review." Journal of Composite Materials 54.26 (2020): 4081-4117.
- Fekih, Lassaad Ben, Olivier Verlinden, and Georges Kouroussis. "Mechanical characterization of E-glass laminates under large bending." Composite Structures 255 (2021): 112892.
- Chavan.R, V.Pawan, Chibule, “Design & Analysis of Leaf Spring using composite matrial” International journal of Engineering Research and Technology vol:7,Issue:05,may 2018.
- Khatkar, V., et al. "Experimental investigation into the mechanical behavior of textile composites with various fiber reinforcement architectures." Mechanics of Composite Materials 56.3 (2020): 367-378.
- Tawfik, Basem E., et al. "Weight reduction and strengthening of marine hatch covers by using composite materials." International Journal of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering 9.2 (2016): 185-198.
- Harendra.pal,Dinesh kasdekar,sharad agrawal “Modelling & Simulation of Al-6082 MMc of gravity die casting for solidification time .” Advances in Intelligent system and computing, 2019.
- Czypionka, Stefan, and Frank Kienhöfer. "Weight reduction of a carbon fibre composite wheel." Science and Engineering of Composite Materials 26.1(2019):338-346.