Author : Yogesh Shivhare 1
Date of Publication :24th June 2022
Abstract: All helmets are designed to prevent head injury of wearer by captivatingmomentum and preventing infiltration. Aside from the ability to absorb energy, their volume and weight are also essential considerations, as increase in both will increase the danger of damage to the user's body parts. Annually, several construction laborswere killed or critically incapacitateddue to head traumas. Appropriate helmet not only decreases the chances of serious damage but also reduces loss of life. This study focuses on increasing the strength of an industrial helmet. This is carried out altering material system and its combinations and analyzing the improved helmet.The helmet was designed in Solid Works, and the analysis was done with the commercial software Ansys. The total deformation, stress distribution, and total strain were used as performance indicators.
- Maiyuran C, Karthick R., Aravind S., Design and analysis of Industrial safety helmet using polyamide 4.6,IJARIIE, 2018,4-2, , pg-1395-1400.
- Bandrt M.M., Ahrns K.S., Corpron C.A., Franklin G.A., Wahl W.L., Hospital Cost Is Reduced by Motorcycle Helmet Use, The Journal of TRAUMA_ Injury, Infection, and Critical Care, 2002, 53-3, pg 469-471.
- Ginsberg G.M., and Silverberg D.S., A Cost-Benefit Analysis of Legislation for Bicycle Safety Helmets in Israel, American Journal of Public Health, 1994, 84-4, pg, 653-656
- Fernandes F.A.O., Alves de Sousa R.J., Motorcycle helmets—A state of the art review, Accident Analysis and Prevention, 2013, 56, pg-1– 21.
- Mahadi, Manufacture and impact analysis of bmx helmet made from polymeric foam composite strengthened by oil palm empty fruit bunch fiber, IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 2018, 309, 012102.
- Shukla D.K., Sonia P. and Verma V, ―Characterization of Fracture Properties of Epoxy-Alumina Polymer Nanocomposite‖, Applied Mechanics and Materials Vol. 390, pp 557-561, 2013.
- Verma V, Shukla D.K., Vineet Kumar, ―Estimation of fatigue life of epoxy alumina polymer nanocomposites‖; Procedia Materials Science 5, pp 669 – 678, 2014.
- Verma V, Sayyed AHM, Sharma C, Shukla DK., ―Tensile and Fracture Properties of Epoxy Alumina Composite: Role of Particle size and Morphology‖, Journal of Polymer Research, 2020, 27 (388), doi.org/10.1007/s10965-020-02359-z, ISSN 1022-9760.
- Verma V, Sharma C, ―Fatigue behaviour of epoxy alumina nanocomposite- Role of particle morphology‖, Theoretical and Applied Fracture Mechanics, 2020, 110, 102807, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tafmec.2020.102807, ISSN 0167- 8442.
- Verma V, Tiwari H, ―Role of filler morphology on friction and dry sliding wear behavior of epoxy alumina nanocomposite‖, IMech: Part J Journal of Engineering Tribology, 2021, 235-8, 1614-1626, doi.org/10.1177/13506 50120970433, ISSN 1350-6501.
- Vijay Verma, Arun Kumar Pandey, Chaitanya Sharma. Fatigue Behaviour of Particulate Reinforced Polymer Composite - A review in Advanced Materials and Manufacturing Processes CRC press 2021, 155-172
- Kim S., Lee J., Roh C., Eun J., Kang C., ―Evaluation of carbon fiber and p-aramid composite for industrial helmet using simple cross-ply for protecting human heads‖, Mechanics of Materials, 209, 139, 103203,doi.org/10.1016/j.mechmat.2019 .103203
- Singh Y., Singh J., Sharma S., Lam T D., Nguyen D. N., ―Fabrication and characterization of coir/carbon-fiber reinforced epoxy based hybrid composite for helmet shells and sports-good applications: influence of fiber surface modifications on the mechanical, thermal and morphological properties‖, Journal of Materials Research and Technology,2020, 9(6), 15593-15603,doi.org/10.1016/ j.jmrt.2020.11.023.
- Prajapait P, Sharma C,Shrivastav R, Rana RS. ―Evaluation of mechanical proper-ties of coir and glass fiber hybrid composites. Materials Today: Proceedings, 2018, 5,19044-19050
- Camelia PB, Bhandari R, Sharma C,Dhakad SK, Cosmin P, Sharma AK, An investigation of thermal behaviour of brake disk pad assembly with Ansys, Materials Today: Proceedings, 2021, 47, 2322-2328
- Sharma C,Kumar R, Dutt T, Kumar S, Shrivastava A. Design and Fabrication of Environment Friendly Kart. International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, 2014, Special Issue, 338-342,
- Ravi Y.V., KapilanN., RajoleS., BalajiY.S, Reddy V.K., VenkateshaB.K.,Damage resistance evaluation of E-glass and hybrid hemp-banana natural fiber composite helmet using drop weight impact test‖, 2021, Materials Today: Proceedings,doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2021.09.213.
- Obele1 C., Ishidi E., ―Mechanical Properties of Coir Fiber Reinforced Epoxy Resin Composites for Helmet Shell‖, Industrial Engineering Letter, 2015, 5 (7), 67-75.